Money 98 & IE 4.0 Hangs!

Post by Jim Naev » Sun, 30 Nov 1997 04:00:00

FYI,
it appears that those of us that keep up with the latest trends may suffer
the consequences.

An example of that is with Money 98 & Internet Explorer 4.0.  For some
reason when Money downloads my financial institution statements, it uses IE
4.0 as the vehicle (internet access) but IE 4.0 keeps the file under
"Temporary Internet Files" and queues the file with the full URL truncated
onto the end of the file name.  Hence Money doesn't know what happened to
the file when it starts to look for it to integrate into the program.

It appears that I'm not the only one with this problem, my bank has
apparently logged the IR with MSoft.

Any fixes for this yet that anyone knows about?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Regards,
JNaeve

Money 98 & IE 4.0 Hangs!

Post by Kimberly Smith, MV » Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have a couple of questions for you as I'm trying to figure this out.

What bank do you bank with?
What is an IR?
What file is being stored under the Temp Internet Files?
What is the URL of this file?

--
Regards,
Kim Smith

I will no longer respond to direct email unless I have requested it.
Please post to the newsgroups so that others may benefit from your
questions.

**Suggestions/Wishes:
   http://www.microsoft.com/regwiz/regwiz.asp
**Microsoft Money Home Pages:
   http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.htm
   http://www.microsoft.com/support/

t>...

Quote:>FYI,
>it appears that those of us that keep up with the latest trends may suffer
>the consequences.

>An example of that is with Money 98 & Internet Explorer 4.0.  For some
>reason when Money downloads my financial institution statements, it uses IE
>4.0 as the vehicle (internet access) but IE 4.0 keeps the file under
>"Temporary Internet Files" and queues the file with the full URL truncated
>onto the end of the file name.  Hence Money doesn't know what happened to
>the file when it starts to look for it to integrate into the program.

>It appears that I'm not the only one with this problem, my bank has
>apparently logged the IR with MSoft.

>Any fixes for this yet that anyone knows about?

>Thanks in advance for your assistance!
>Regards,
>JNaeve

1. IE 4.0 & errors w/ IE 3.02a on Install

--------------1A56D9A07FD046FF003FD90B

I had the correct version os IE, however MS money 98 would not let me
install. I installed IE 4.0 pp2 and the MS money install worked just
fine (even though it's not supposed to).
This may be a solution to the problems. Or you could wait till Sept.
30th and download the final version of IE4.0

--------------1A56D9A07FD046FF003FD90B

begin:          vcard
fn:             Rynarzewski, Jeannie
n:              Rynarzewski;Jeannie
org:            DIGEX

x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard

--------------1A56D9A07FD046FF003FD90B--

2. Can you sort pandora icons?

3. IE 4.0 und Money 98 - Systemcrash bei Verbindung mit t-online

4. Monitoring round trip times

5. Money 98/IE 4.0?

6. Twisted Pair and 2 PCs

7. Money 98, NT, IE 4.0, etc.

8. RIP50

9. Money 98 Home Page probelm with IE 4.0

10. IE 4.0 and Money 98: Compatibility?

11. Is IE 4.0 compatible with Money 98?

12. Will IE 4.0 final version allow money 98 trail to install?

13. Money 97 & IE 4.0