Can one see a snapshot of net worth in money for past periods

Can one see a snapshot of net worth in money for past periods

Post by 2pa » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 07:58:33

I thought any financial management program would have this feature ...
but could not find this anywhere.
What is needed:
Money shows me the total of my assets in different accounts.
What if I want to find out what was my total assets 1 month ago , 2
months ago and so on.
Once I update the accounts with the latest info, Money also updates
its total but does not save it anywhere.
If this feature is not included in MS Money - is there any way to
achieve this using indirect means eg. through a report.
Solution greatly appreciated as I am badly stuck on some decisions
without it. I will have to create an excel sheet by hand otherwise.
Thanks

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 08:20:48

>I thought any financial management program would have this feature ...
>but could not find this anywhere.
>What is needed:
>Money shows me the total of my assets in different accounts.
>What if I want to find out what was my total assets 1 month ago , 2
>months ago and so on.

From the Portfolio view, use the AsOf feature in the upper right
hand corner.

Quote:>Once I update the accounts with the latest info, Money also updates
>its total but does not save it anywhere.
>If this feature is not included in MS Money - is there any way to
>achieve this using indirect means eg. through a report.

You can also customize the Net Worth report.
Quote:>Solution greatly appreciated as I am badly stuck on some decisions