Business Credit Card Transactions

Post by James A. For » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have a credit card terminal for my business. When I type an invoice for a
client for a sale of $500.00 and they pay with a credit card, the bank takes
a percentage of the sale money for the transaction. How do I account for the
banks fees without changing the sale amount so that the transaction balances
in my account? Any ideas? Thanks.

Business Credit Card Transactions

Post by Richard Bollar, MV » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Are you able to split the deposit so that the credit card fee can be
correctly charged to an expense line -- and the remainder to your invoice?

--
Have a question on using Microsoft Money?  Visit the Unofficial Microsoft
Money FAQ at http://www.swizzle.com/msmoney/msmoney.htm

Quote:> I have a credit card terminal for my business. When I type an invoice for
> client for a sale of $500.00 and they pay with a credit card, the bank
takes
> a percentage of the sale money for the transaction. How do I account for
the
> banks fees without changing the sale amount so that the transaction
balances
> in my account? Any ideas? Thanks.

1. Downloaded credit card transactions being put in wrong column (as credits)

I will usually manually add my credit card purchases until they are
downloaded. I put them in the CHARGE column (as I should), but when I
download my transactions Money puts my purchases  into the CREDIT
column and it puts my payments into the purchases column. It's
downloading them backwards!!

I have the account type set as credit card (like it should be), and I
enter my manual transactions in the correct column..

WHAT IS MS MONEY DOING???

2. Birds of Prey.

3. Credit card transactions downloading as Credit

4. SCO PPP - sheesh

5. Successful credit card transaction download yields no transactions in register

6. Secondary Displays

7. Money is limited to one credit card account per credit card company.

8. Help: NFS module for LWP wanted

9. Credit Card-How To Change Settings-Don't want autobalance credit card

10. Credit Card a/c doesn't appear in Credit Card Debt Report

11. Business and Personal expenses on same credit card

12. Accepting Credit Cards in Money Deluxe & Business

13. In business, how do you manage accepting credit card?