Money OEM Version

Post by Ruben Cru » Sun, 05 Oct 2003 06:11:39

I am currently using Money 2001 (OEM Version) and I want
to install the Money 2004 trial.

The Money 2004 Trial FAQ says that If I uninstall Money
2004 in the future, I have to reinstall my earlier version
of Money from the original Money CD, but I do not have
that CD because my Money 2001 was supplied by the original
equipment manufacturer (Compaq).

What I have to do to install the Money 2004 trial version
without the risk of loosing my Money 2001 OEM version if I
uninstall Money 2004 in the future?

Money OEM Version

Post by Steven C » Sun, 05 Oct 2003 06:23:56

Sounds to me like you answered your own question.

I am currently using Money 2001 (OEM Version) and I want
to install the Money 2004 trial.

The Money 2004 Trial FAQ says that If I uninstall Money
2004 in the future, I have to reinstall my earlier version
of Money from the original Money CD, but I do not have
that CD because my Money 2001 was supplied by the original
equipment manufacturer (Compaq).

What I have to do to install the Money 2004 trial version
without the risk of loosing my Money 2001 OEM version if I
uninstall Money 2004 in the future?

Money OEM Version

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Sun, 05 Oct 2003 06:42:56

Quote:>I am currently using Money 2001 (OEM Version) and I want
>to install the Money 2004 trial.

>The Money 2004 Trial FAQ says that If I uninstall Money
>2004 in the future, I have to reinstall my earlier version
>of Money from the original Money CD, but I do not have
>that CD because my Money 2001 was supplied by the original
>equipment manufacturer (Compaq).

>What I have to do to install the Money 2004 trial version
>without the risk of loosing my Money 2001 OEM version if I
>uninstall Money 2004 in the future?

You are wise to worry. What you could theoretically do is to back up
your Windows 98 Registry, do the trial install into a DIFFERENT
FOLDER. Do your trial. And be prepared to restore the registry if
the old install does not work.

Sorry I can't help with the registry backup and restore.

Are you sure there is not a Money install folder on a CD Compaq
provided when you bought the program? That would solve the problem.

There is also a potential problem of which version of Money you
have. The US version may not be able to read your version. Perhaps
you would need the International trial version.

Money OEM Version

Post by NickKnigh » Sun, 05 Oct 2003 12:28:38

>>I am currently using Money 2001 (OEM Version) and I want
>>to install the Money 2004 trial.

>>The Money 2004 Trial FAQ says that If I uninstall Money
>>2004 in the future, I have to reinstall my earlier version
>>of Money from the original Money CD, but I do not have
>>that CD because my Money 2001 was supplied by the original
>>equipment manufacturer (Compaq).

>>What I have to do to install the Money 2004 trial version
>>without the risk of loosing my Money 2001 OEM version if I
>>uninstall Money 2004 in the future?

>You are wise to worry. What you could theoretically do is to back up
>your Windows 98 Registry, do the trial install into a DIFFERENT
>FOLDER. Do your trial. And be prepared to restore the registry if
>the old install does not work.

>Sorry I can't help with the registry backup and restore.

>Are you sure there is not a Money install folder on a CD Compaq
>provided when you bought the program? That would solve the problem.

>There is also a potential problem of which version of Money you
>have. The US version may not be able to read your version. Perhaps
>you would need the International trial version.

Does your Compaq recovery disk include Money OEM?  When I
got my Compaq years ago it not only had a Money CD it also
had a revover disk.

1. Password no longer works in Money 2004 (OEM Version)

Hey all,
I haven't been able to find anything similar in the FAQ
so was wondering if anyone has had this happen.  All of a
sudden when I try and log into Money 2004 it is
saying "The sign-in name you entered is not associated
with this file".  The other weird thing is that the sign-
in page itself has changed.  There used to be two radio
buttons...one for signing in with passport and the other
as an offline sign in that appeared below the user name
and password textfields.  That is now gone.  Now it shows
up as a button labelled "Skip Sign-in" on the bottom.
Even when I select that button and attempt to log in I
still get no where.  I haven't installed any upgrades or
anything and so am wondering why this happened?  Any
thoughts.  Is there anyway I can still access my file?

Thanks,
Daniel

2. Jeff Arnold Please help

3. MS Money 98 OEM Version 6.0 - Print Check Problem

4. Looking for a Font editor like 'edfont'

5. 2 copies OEM and have a full version I want to install, or should I?

6. need help with a number conversion

7. Dell OEM Version

8. FS: PVR & HD

9. Problem upgrading from OEM version

11. Create Annual Budget in MS Money Deluxe OEM Edition 2004

12. Question about paycheck Money 2003 OEM

13. Money 2001 OEM won't reinstall from a backed up copy