Problem with Net Worth over time report

Post by Keith Gammi » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I am using Money98 Canadian version.

I think there is a problem with Net Worth Over Time report. I found I was
getting a different result if I used the Net Worth Summary to get a total
for a particular month versus the Net Worth Over Time report for a range
that included the month in question.

On closer investigation, I found that the Net Worth Over Time report was
missing information associated with investment accounts that had been
closed. Not all the information for closed accounts was missing. It
appeared that only certain months had missing information for the closed
accounts. The Net Worth Summary report did not have the same problem with
accounts that were closed. By marking the accounts that were closed as open
again, the problem appears to go away.

The Net Worth Over Time report was one of the reasons that I bought
Money98. I would like to be able to trust the report it prepares.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Does anyone else know of a better
solution than marking all the closed accounts as open?

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith Gammie

Problem with Net Worth over time report

Post by Martin Donker » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Keith,

You are describing a confirmed bug in Money98.  The only workaround (as you
indicated) is to make sure you have no accounts marked as 'closed' when
running this report.

--

Regards,
 Martin Donkers