updating stock prices

Post by frank » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:26:01

I am a Money 2005 Deluxe user.  I have recently acquired cable modem
high-speed  internet.  However, when using the high-speed connection my stock
prices are not automaticaly updated.  When I sigh on using my old fashioned
and slow phone line connection the auto matic updates do work.   Does anybody
know a way to fix it so auto price updates do occur with the high-speed
connection?  Thanks.
--
frank h

updating stock prices

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:49:29

Quote:>I am a Money 2005 Deluxe user.  I have recently acquired cable modem
>high-speed  internet.  However, when using the high-speed connection my stock
>prices are not automaticaly updated.  When I sigh on using my old fashioned
>and slow phone line connection the auto matic updates do work.   Does anybody
>know a way to fix it so auto price updates do occur with the high-speed
>connection?  Thanks.

If you do Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesOnline, what happens?

updating stock prices

Post by Remove ABCD from Email address to repl » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:30:34

Try tools/options/connection/connection settings

--

Neil

>>I am a Money 2005 Deluxe user.  I have recently acquired cable modem
>>high-speed  internet.  However, when using the high-speed connection my
>>stock
>>prices are not automaticaly updated.  When I sigh on using my old
>>fashioned
>>and slow phone line connection the auto matic updates do work.   Does
>>anybody
>>know a way to fix it so auto price updates do occur with the high-speed
>>connection?  Thanks.

> If you do Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesOnline, what happens?

updating stock prices

Post by frank » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:47:02

When I use Portfolio/Update prices/Update prices online, it appears to run
for 5-6 min. and then I get an error message such as "Money was unable to
connect to the online quotes server.  Check internet connection and try
again".
--
frank h

> I am a Money 2005 Deluxe user.  I have recently acquired cable modem
> high-speed  internet.  However, when using the high-speed connection my stock
> prices are not automaticaly updated.  When I sigh on using my old fashioned
> and slow phone line connection the auto matic updates do work.   Does anybody
> know a way to fix it so auto price updates do occur with the high-speed
> connection?  Thanks.
> --
> frank h

1. Update Prices Online... not updating stock prices - Money 2004

Hi all, I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004.  In Money 2004 when I
do a "Update prices Online" to update the prices of my stocks, this task
runs to completion with out error but the actual stock prices are not
updated.  The "Read Call Summary Messages" for this task said it completed
successfully. I even tried turning off my firewall.

 I went to "Update prices manually" and there was no new entries/prices for
any of the stock.  I verified my stocks still have the correct stock symbol
listed.  I also selected "Pick Quotes to Download" and made sure my stocks
were selected to download update prices.  Any ideas what the problem could
be?  Thanks,

  Rick

2. sendmail config error

3. Cannot update stock prices through internet or manual update in Money 99

4. Auto Reply from Watch_Mail for 5-MAR-1997 00:00 to 5-MAR-1997 10:00

5. M00 - Messages when updating stock prices

6. Autoforwarding email with web based email service always WITH the SAME TITLE ??

7. Portfolio not updating stock prices properly

8. Client Access and NT or Win 98

9. Always Updating Stock prices M06

10. Why doesn't Money update stock price?

11. MS Money 03 won't update stock prices

12. Money not updating stock prices

13. Updating stock prices Money 2003