locked up

Post by Phyllis Cop » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Help:

When I was working in ver. 5 my system locked up and I had to soft boot.
Since that time I have been unable to get into the Payment Calendar
section of the program.  When I try, the system stalls and again I have
to soft boot.

I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the program, but when I
restore from my backup I end up with the same problem of not being able
to get into the Payment Calendar section.

All my activity appears to be recorded correctly.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Phyllis Copp

locked up

Post by Corey D. Reeve » Sun, 20 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Money locks up on me, too.  It isn't a particular thing I'm doing in Money,
it
just freezes the entire PC.  And its only Money which is giving me this
problem.  It never occurred before I installed Office 97.  I'm running
P166/Win95/128MB.  Since I use Money to track both my personal and business
finances, this it the most critical software I use.  Any solutions would be
greatly appreciated.

Corey D. Reeves
San Diego, CA

> Help:

> When I was working in ver. 5 my system locked up and I had to soft boot.
> Since that time I have been unable to get into the Payment Calendar
> section of the program.  When I try, the system stalls and again I have
> to soft boot.

> I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the program, but when I
> restore from my backup I end up with the same problem of not being able
> to get into the Payment Calendar section.

> All my activity appears to be recorded correctly.  Any ideas?

> Thanks!

> Phyllis Copp

locked up

Post by Kimberly Smith, MV » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi Corey and Phyllis,

We will need more information on what's happening so we can try to find out
what's going on.

What else is running? (Press CTRL, ALT, and Delete to bring up the Close
Program list)
Is it reproducible? (If so, what steps cause the problem?)
Is it only with one file? (Try the Sample file, a new file or a backup
file)
Does it happen if you boot Windows 95 into Safe Mode? (Press F5 when
"Starting Windows 95")

Please try these options and post back with your results.  Thanks!
--
Regards,
Kim Smith, MS-MVP

** Suggestions/Wishes:
    http://www.microsoft.com/support/feedback/mswish.htm
** Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    http://www.microsoft.com/kb
** Microsoft Money Home Pages:
    http://www.microsoft.com/moneyzone
    http://www.microsoft.com/MSMoneySupport/

1. freeze ups in Money 2000

I have a client that has called about 5 times over the last few months..
While she is working in Money 2000, just entering checking data, the system
freezes and she has no choice but to shut the power off.  Ctrl/Alt/Del won't
work.

It only happens in Money.  She is running W98se with 64 mbs of RAM and more
than ample hard drive space/CPU speed.

Is this a common occurrence in Money?  I can find no"fixes" on Microsoft's
site.

She gets very upset and leaves the PC like that until she can reach me.  (:

2. Message to Steve Owen..mail keeps bouncing

3. Money 98 - occasional freeze-ups

4. Cisco801 & NAT & no static ipaddress

5. Money 98 Back Ups

6. new sca disk to 50 pin convertor

7. problem with re-installing back-ups

8. expertCAD

9. Six GUARANTEED Paid Sign Ups ARE Money

10. Pop-ups

11. Money Back-ups

12. Need HELP on Money 20-02 Deluxe & Business Hang-Ups

13. locked out of account