No display font adjustment in $98

Post by David Lur » Sun, 18 Jan 1998 04:00:00

How do I change display fonts in $98 (NT 4.0,SP3)? No obvious way on
options screens, online help, or MS KB.

I've just switched from Quicken 98. Display customization has been
available and easily implemented for at least the last few Quicken
versions.

Thanks,
David P. Lurie

No display font adjustment in $98

Post by Porter Humphre » Sun, 18 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Unlike Quicken, Money offers no option to change the fonts or screen
colors. It's a pity, given the choices the interface designers made for
Money 98.
--
Porter Humphrey.

Post by Helmut Man » Mon, 19 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>How do I change display fonts in $98 (NT 4.0,SP3)? No obvious way on
>options screens, online help, or MS KB.

>I've just switched from Quicken 98....

I have been a Quicken user too for many years and wanted to look if $98 is
better in some aspects. After installing I was really shocked at the first
sight of the color design. The people who made the layout are obviously
suffering from heavy depressions. What other explanation is there for mainly
using colors like black, steelblue and brown. Very user friendly is also use
of blue letters on black background. At a high resolution monitor
(1280x1024) you can read the letters only by using a magnifying glass (the
design was probably made at a 640x480 screen).

The main reason for looking at Money 98 was that MS said they can easily
import Quicken data. That is not true !!!
$98 has more restrictions on structuring the data and the main difference is
that it handles VAT differently:
Quicken splits automatically and uses a separate account for VAT. That is
clean and correct. Money handles VAT not as transparent. That is why
conversion works only for private users who do not care about VAT.

Another disadvantage is that Money looks rather like a kind of browser
rather than a Windows program. A real Windows program should be able to show
several windows (lists of accounts, recipients...) at the same time.

I have been playing with $98 for a few days and my opinion is that it is
only made for private users. For small business users Quicken is still the
better choice. Changing from Quicken to Money is not worth the pain of
restructuring all the badly converted data.

Helmut Mann

1. $98 trial version incompatible with CA $98?

I have been using the trial version of Money 98 that came with my
Windows 98 CD.  When I recently installed the Canadian version of
Basic Money 98, it gives me an error message saying it can't open the
*.mny files created in the trial version because the two versions are
incompatible.  Any hints on how to fix this?

Thanks,

http://www.mcbridebc.com/luthier

2. Sinus of time variable frequency in Simulink gives trash?!

3. $98 US trial -> $98 UK upgrade problem

4. USB and activesync problem - with hub

5. How to change Display fonts size?

6. Boundary scan on PPC601

7. money 5.0 -how to change the display font?

8. NEWS GROUPS

9. $98 Investment Profit Tracking

10. $98 Commisions

11. Bank listed on online bank list, but doesn't show up in $98

12. $98 Online Banking

13. microsoft$98 tips