1) the account in question has a non-zero opening balance, AND
2) the balance shown in the account register is different depending on
whether All Transactions or only Unreconciled Transactions as shown, AND
3) the balance shown for All Transactions on the register matches the home
page balance, THEN:
The following great unpublished MSKB item (thanks to Kin Smith for finding
and no thanks to MS Money Team for missing this whilst putting in the
Frequent Flier Mileage Tracker) applies:
Q270924 - Money 2001: Incorrect Balance in Unreconciled Transaction View
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Money 2001
In the Unreconciled Transactions view in Microsoft Money, an incorrect
account balance may be displayed in any of the following types of debt
accounts if there was an opening balance specified:
--Line of credit
To work around this issue, change the Opening Balance for your account to
zero, and then add the amount of the opening balance as a new transaction in
the account register.
To do this:
1. On the Money navigation menu, click Accounts & Bills, and then click
2. Click the account that displays an incorrect balance in the Unreconciled
Transactions view, and then click Change Account Details.
3. Note the value in the Opening balance box.
4. In the Opening balance box, type 0.00, and then click Done at the bottom
of the screen.
5. If the account is a credit card account, click the Charge tab, and then
If the account is a home equity loan, liability, or line of credit
account, click the Increase tab, and then click New.
6. In the Pay To box, type Opening Balance.
7. In the Date box, type the date on which you opened the account.
8. In the Amount box, type the value that you noted in the Opening balance
box in step 3, and then click Enter.
NOTE: You do not need to assign a category to this transaction.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Money 2001.
The account balance is displayed correctly in all of the other views.
Quote:> In MS Money 2001 the opening screen "Money Home" displays my accounts and
> their current balance. When I click into my checking account the balance
> different from the balance shown on the Money Home screen. The ending
> balance in the account is the correct
> one. I can't figure out how to get the balances to match correctly. Can
> anyone help?