Using Money on different pc

Post by Shelldmo » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:05:01

Hello.

I installed the trial version of M2006 Deluxe on our home pc and would now
like to use it on my laptop instead.

It is telling me that the password is incorrect but I have also received the
message that the password cannot be verified.

This is just a trial version so far, so it could have something to do with
that.

Also, I had a trial version of Money on the laptop last year that I never
used.  I am trying to log in with a different passport, but maybe it has
something to do with Money recognizing the laptops credentials?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Using Money on different pc

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:12:22

>Hello.

>I installed the trial version of M2006 Deluxe on our home pc and would now
>like to use it on my laptop instead.

>It is telling me that the password is incorrect but I have also received the
>message that the password cannot be verified.

I think you are saying that you get that message from Money 2006
trial on the laptop. Try opening sample.mny that is in the install
folder.

Quote:

>This is just a trial version so far, so it could have something to do with
>that.

>Also, I had a trial version of Money on the laptop last year that I never
>used.  I am trying to log in with a different passport, but maybe it has
>something to do with Money recognizing the laptops credentials?

If you are trying to use the same file, you will have to use the
same Passport. If you want to use a different Passport, you can
create a new file.
Quote:

>Anyone have any suggestions?

Using Money on different pc

Post by Shelldmo » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:28:02

How so I create a new file (or restore my backup) without logging in?

Do I have to create a new login?

Using Money on different pc

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:38:39

>How so I create a new file

Let's try the easier one first: File->New->NewFile. Select Decline
during setup.

Quote:> (or restore my backup) without logging in?

>Do I have to create a new login?

No. You do not need a Passport to create a file. You will need a
Passport for some downloads. If you do not use a Passport on a given
file, you have the option of a conventional password or no password.

Regarding doing a Restore using your existing file, you will have to
use the Passport or password that was used to protect the file that
was backed up. Then I suggest you not take the default location for
the file. Instead, Browse to your My Documents folder during the
restore process.

Using Money on different pc

Post by Rex » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 02:46:56

Save yourself some grief and just buy a copy of Money 2003 or 2004.
Most who have used those versions and "upgraded" to 2006 have regretted
it. And you can't go back.

- -

> Hello.

> I installed the trial version of M2006 Deluxe on our home pc and would now
> like to use it on my laptop instead.

> It is telling me that the password is incorrect but I have also received the
> message that the password cannot be verified.

> This is just a trial version so far, so it could have something to do with
> that.

> Also, I had a trial version of Money on the laptop last year that I never
> used.  I am trying to log in with a different passport, but maybe it has
> something to do with Money recognizing the laptops credentials?

> Anyone have any suggestions?

Using Money on different pc

Post by Todd » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 04:49:02

Hi Cal-I'm trying to reinstall Money 2005 as well from the Internet download
and followed all of the instructions, but when I try to login with my
passport ID to verify my purchase (which is set to active and enabled on the
MS billing page) I get an error that says "Your sign-in information could not
be verified. Go online, and then reenter your sign-in information" I've
logged in online and still receive the error. I've checked my firewall and it
is allowing all traffic through. I've uninstalled money and reinstalled but
still getting the same error. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

> >How so I create a new file

> Let's try the easier one first: File->New->NewFile. Select Decline
> during setup.

> > (or restore my backup) without logging in?

> >Do I have to create a new login?

> No. You do not need a Passport to create a file. You will need a
> Passport for some downloads. If you do not use a Passport on a given
> file, you have the option of a conventional password or no password.

> Regarding doing a Restore using your existing file, you will have to
> use the Passport or password that was used to protect the file that
> was backed up. Then I suggest you not take the default location for
> the file. Instead, Browse to your My Documents folder during the
> restore process.

Using Money on different pc

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 05:20:43

>Any advice is greatly appreciated.

<redacted>

1. Using Money on different PCs

I have had Money 5.0 running on a Windows NT 3.51 PC.  I recently wanted
to save a backup copy of the data, installed the Money program on my new
Windows 95 machine, and then tried to reload the backup copy of the
data.

Didn't work!

I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between the two machines,
depending if I'm at work or at home.  Any ideas?

TIA
Chris Stelter

2. grant dialin right, RADIUS

3. using money 2005 from two different user accounts

4. Where can I find modem standards?

5. Want to access Money file from 2 different PC's

6. ANNOUNCE: SPARK toolset 6.1 now available

7. moving money file to a different PC

8. dvips (OzTeX) font error message

9. Using Money on different computers

10. Money 2003 ( using 2 different passport accounts!)

11. Using Money for different users

12. Using Money with Different Logons

13. MS Money 2002 [Using] with MS Money 2002 For The Handheld PC