"Ghost" stock ticker symbol

Post by problematics- » Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:15:31

I created an investment account with initially 2 stock
ticker symbols. I deleted one of them, but later I wanted
to include the same ticker symbol in the same investment
account. I keep getting message that the ticker symbol is
already used and that I should select another ticker
symbol. Why is that, and how I get rid of that "ghost"
ticker symbol? I am saying "ghost", because I can not see
that ticker symbol anywhere.

Thanks.

"Ghost" stock ticker symbol

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:23:20

>I created an investment account with initially 2 stock
>ticker symbols. I deleted one of them, but later I wanted
>to include the same ticker symbol in the same investment
>account. I keep getting message that the ticker symbol is
>already used and that I should select another ticker
>symbol. Why is that, and how I get rid of that "ghost"
>ticker symbol? I am saying "ghost", because I can not see
>that ticker symbol anywhere.

Undelete the deleted investment by creating a fake dividend. After
undeletion, delete the fake dividend.