Money 2003 Won't Start

Post by Al Matukoni » Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:34:51

I can not get Money 2003 to start no matter what I try.  I have installed
and uninstalled and reinstalled it repeatedly to no avail.  I also have
deleted all Money directories and nothing works.  Since I am on XP, I get a
messgae indicating that Money has encountered an  error and must restart.
Restarting does not help - I get the same message.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Money 2003 Won't Start

Post by Regina Jone » Sat, 05 Jun 2004 06:24:43

Suggestion:

Step 1: Attempt to start money in safe mode.

How to acccess safe mode:
Step 1: When you see starting Windows XP, press the F8 key
Step 2: Select Safe mode
Step 3: Start Money

If Money open in Safe Mode, you have a driver or dll file whihc is
conflicting with the installation.

Suggestion: Uninstall Money and reinstall it in safe mode, this usually will
fix the problem.

Best of luck.

Quote:> I can not get Money 2003 to start no matter what I try.  I have installed
> and uninstalled and reinstalled it repeatedly to no avail.  I also have
> deleted all Money directories and nothing works.  Since I am on XP, I get
> messgae indicating that Money has encountered an  error and must restart.
> Restarting does not help - I get the same message.

> I'd appreciate any suggestions.

> Thanks.

1. Missing .dll, mscofd.dll Money '98 won't start

All of a sudden I'm getting an error stating that Money  cannot start
because a dll (mscofd.dll) is missing.  The file is in the "C:/Programs
Files/Microsoft Money/System"  directory.  I assume it's been there all
along but now Money says it can't find it.
    I tried re-installing from the CD but that didn't help, same error.  The
funny thing is I can start Money from the "Reminder" button on the tool tray
or by double clicking the .mny file but not from the shortcut or even from
the .exe file itself.  Any ideas?  My only other thought is to uninstall
money completely and re-install all over.

Ray Pastore

2. Teles ISDN/16.3 and NT3.51 gives protocol error's

3. Money won't start

4. PMMERGE.DLL: what is it for?

5. Money 2005 Premium Won't Start

6. The ^[ caracter under Linux

7. Money Won't Start - SOLUTION

8. Application Domains and Methods

9. Money won't start

10. Hey Cal or Anyone - Money 2004 won't start- can you help?

11. Money 2002 won't start

12. Money 2002 won't start - do system restore!!

13. Money won't start