List of Missing checks for year or several months

Post by Gary » Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:23:00

Please tell me how I can run a report that will list only
the missing checks from the register.  Thanks.

List of Missing checks for year or several months

Post by Dick Watso » Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:23:49

Great question. Hmmm. (Five minutes later he returns...) Nothing obvious
appears to me. I know how I'd do it--since I don't see an obvious way to get
there in Money--is that I'd pull the transactions for the account into Excel
using MoneyLink. Then I'd sort by number, do some formula/copy/paste special
values/ (repeat) stuff until I had it down to just unique check numbers.
Then I'd do a formula looking for cases where the number is more than the
previous number + 1.

Quote:> Please tell me how I can run a report that will list only
> the missing checks from the register.  Thanks.

List of Missing checks for year or several months

Post by Russ Paul-Jone » Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:21:08

The Monthly Report has a "Gaps in Check Sequences" section. It appears in
the middle of the report, more or less.

-Russ Paul-Jones

> Great question. Hmmm. (Five minutes later he returns...) Nothing obvious
> appears to me. I know how I'd do it--since I don't see an obvious way to
get
> there in Money--is that I'd pull the transactions for the account into
Excel
> using MoneyLink. Then I'd sort by number, do some formula/copy/paste
special
> values/ (repeat) stuff until I had it down to just unique check numbers.
> Then I'd do a formula looking for cases where the number is more than the
> previous number + 1.

> > Please tell me how I can run a report that will list only
> > the missing checks from the register.  Thanks.

List of Missing checks for year or several months

Post by Dick Watso » Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:40:51

I thought of that but declined to mention it since it is not suitable for
spanning arbitrary lengths of time nor report on "just" what the OP was
looking for. But, depending on what the requirement is, it is certainly one
way to get there.

> The Monthly Report has a "Gaps in Check Sequences" section. It appears in
> the middle of the report, more or less.

> -Russ Paul-Jones

1. Money 2005: Several months later, still sucks

All:

So I'm none to delighted to report that from this end user's point of view
Microsoft Money 2005 is still a bust, a laughing stock, a "beta," a typical
Microsoft product, a piece of ship, a travesty, an imbroglio, a (your
favorite phrase o' derision here).

I bought it back in October. Tried to upgrade from my old, trusty Money 2002
file. Crash. Burn. Duplicate entries. Yodlee errors. Duplicate accounts. MSN
Synching problems. Roll back to prior version.

Ah! The fall update is released! Try again. Crash. Burn. Duplicate entries.
Yodlee errors. Duplicate accounts. MSN problems. Roll back to prior version.

That was several months back, so tonight I thought I'd give it another go.
It's been a few months, so those smart people at Microsoft surely have all
that sorted out by now, right? Alas, no. Install. Start with sample.mny to
let all the updates and patches wash over me. Gingerly, gingerly now: open my
trusty Money files. Let them be updated. Look around carefully. Sync with
online services....

...Arrgh! Duplicate accounts. OK, I'll try to "merge" again. Still running,
though. Go to the E*Trade account, click "Account Summary"....

...(Tongue, please press into cheek.) Delightful! "Microsoft C++ Runtime
Error: The application (msmoney.exe) has requested the Runtime to terminate
in an unusual way."

Which is geekspeak for crash! Burn!

Quick repair. Still no love. So I'll remove and reset the online services
connections. Removed fine. Try to reset: "The list is temporarily
unavailable. Try again later." Quality.

So now let's try on a completely different computer: the home PC instead of
my laptop. Installed fine, updated OK with sample.mny loading (Money
v14.0.120.1105). Converted my old Money file, then more of the same:
duplicate entries, duplicate accounts, the whole deal.

Like i said at the top: Several months on, still sucks.

So Microsoft:

1) Do you care that we users are *still* experiencing these issues?
2) Are you working on this?
3) Wanna give us a hint as to when the travesty will end?

Your reluctant, grumpy beta tester,

Matthew Coble

2. Extra Battery for iPaq

3. apay's next due date is several months off

4. HELP...Looking For-

5. Quicken missing check report missing in Money 4.0

6. microsecond timer (long)

7. Deposits with Several Checks?

8. ?? Delete Previous Months/Years ??

9. Wife paid 10 months a year

10. Make a years wages in one month!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Money 2006 Deluxe - Missing 2 Month Bill Calendar

12. Bills being listed twice one month later