mutual fund symbols

Post by Dena » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 03:01:20

I have an IRA and a regular fund with the same mutual
fund. Money won't let me use the fund symbol twice. Is
there a work-around?
Thanks for any help.
Dena

mutual fund symbols

Post by Ron Rosenfel » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 03:13:28

>I have an IRA and a regular fund with the same mutual
>fund. Money won't let me use the fund symbol twice. Is
>there a work-around?
>Thanks for any help.
>Dena

Your IRA account and Regular account should be set up as two separate
Investment Accounts.

The mutual fund is then purchased within each account.

e.g:

My IRA Account
        purchase 1000 shares of XYZ

My Regular Account
        purchase 600 shares of XYZ

--ron

mutual fund symbols

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 03:26:06

>>I have an IRA and a regular fund with the same mutual
>>fund. Money won't let me use the fund symbol twice. Is
>>there a work-around?
>>Thanks for any help.
>>Dena

>Your IRA account and Regular account should be set up as two separate
>Investment Accounts.

>The mutual fund is then purchased within each account.

>e.g:

>My IRA Account
>    purchase 1000 shares of XYZ

>My Regular Account
>    purchase 600 shares of XYZ

... and use the drop-down list when you enter a subsequent Buy of
the same security, rather than typing in a name.

mutual fund symbols

Post by Dick Watso » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 04:28:23

A more pedantic answer can be found at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59.

Quote:> I have an IRA and a regular fund with the same mutual
> fund. Money won't let me use the fund symbol twice. Is
> there a work-around?
> Thanks for any help.
> Dena

1. Mutual Fund Symbol

I am trying to enter a mutual fund stock market symbol.
When I try to enter it an error comes up saying it is
already assigned to another fund. I can't find the other
fund anywhere. Is there a way to get at the details behind
money to find out why this is happening? Note: I imported
everything from from quicken a couple months ago.

2. Bridgeboard speedup.

3. Mutual Fund Symbols

4. OLEDB/SQL commands

5. stock and mutual fund symbols

6. ssh-1.2.26/cygwin-b20 hangs at paraphrase prompt

7. acct set up: mutual fund symbols e.g. jansx

8. S. Pinker / A. Prince

9. Can Mutual Fund symbols

10. MUTUAL FUND SYMBOLS

11. mutual fund symbols