Removing money from task bar

Post by CT » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am using a compaq with oem windows and I would like to remove money
from my tool task bar.  But I can not find it to remove it. I have
looked in properties, startup dir, win.ini  and system files.  Does any
one know how to remove it from the task bar.

Thank You for the help!!

Craig

Removing money from task bar

Post by Kimberly Smith, MV » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi Craig,

Go into Money, Tools, Options and turn off the Reminder. Or if you're
running Windows 98, go to Start, Run, msconfig. This will bring up a dialog
with one of the tabs giving you all programs running in the background. You
can deselect the Money icon there as well.

--
Regards,
Kim Smith

>I am using a compaq with oem windows and I would like to remove money
>from my tool task bar.  But I can not find it to remove it. I have
>looked in properties, startup dir, win.ini  and system files.  Does any
>one know how to remove it from the task bar.

>Thank You for the help!!

>Craig

Removing money from task bar

Post by Ralph E. Lehma » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Kim,

Great TIP.  I will pass this around to all my friends.

Thanks again.

Ralph

>Hi Craig,

>Go into Money, Tools, Options and turn off the Reminder. Or if you're
>running Windows 98, go to Start, Run, msconfig. This will bring up a dialog
>with one of the tabs giving you all programs running in the background. You
>can deselect the Money icon there as well.

>--
>Regards,
>Kim Smith
>Microsoft MVP - Money/Investor

>>I am using a compaq with oem windows and I would like to remove money
>>from my tool task bar.  But I can not find it to remove it. I have
>>looked in properties, startup dir, win.ini  and system files.  Does any
>>one know how to remove it from the task bar.

>>Thank You for the help!!

>>Craig

Removing money from task bar

Post by Ed H » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Kim,

>Great TIP.  I will pass this around to all my friends.

>Thanks again.

FWIW, it is launched in via your registry.  The actual key is:

As Kim pointed out, Money has an easy way to disable it, but other
programs put themselves here with no way to change them.

As always, be sure you have a good backup of the registry before even
exploring it.  There  is no undo!
--
Ed Hansberry

you know what to do with the xxxxx.