Stopping Money starting up / access Internet

Stopping Money starting up / access Internet

Post by Ron O'Brie » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 01:31:28

I have the standard edition of Money 2002 - my needs are simple :-)

So simple in fact that I do not want Money starting up everytime I boot, nor
do I want it to keep accessing the Internet - in fact with having a
broadband connection I want as little as possible accessing the Internet. I
have told my Firewall to not let QM access the internet, but, can't I just
have a simple, basic, nice and easy install like I had with Money 99 where
you do those 'old fashioned' things, like start an application yourself!

I don't *really* need to /want to have a password either unless it's
absolutely necessary

Stopping Money starting up / access Internet

Post by Dick Watso » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:15:23

Go into Tools|Options and turn off MoneyExpress. I don't remember the exact
path from here, but what you want can be achieved. You also have to not use
Passport so it won't try to do background quotes.

Quote:> I have the standard edition of Money 2002 - my needs are simple :-)

Post by Cal Learn » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:33:28

Quote:>I have the standard edition of Money 2002 - my needs are simple :-)

>So simple in fact that I do not want Money starting up everytime I boot, nor
>do I want it to keep accessing the Internet - in fact with having a
>broadband connection I want as little as possible accessing the Internet. I
>have told my Firewall to not let QM access the internet, but, can't I just
>have a simple, basic, nice and easy install like I had with Money 99 where
>you do those 'old fashioned' things, like start an application yourself!

You can right-click on the icon in the tray. You should reach an
place where you tell it not to start.

You can also do Start->Run and enter msconfig into the box. Then
under the Startup tab, uncheck things you don't want to start on
their own.

Quote:>I don't *really* need to /want to have a password either unless it's
>absolutely necessary

You don't have to give Money a passport or password. Decline to sign
in with a passport the first three times you start a file, and Money
will stop asking. If you already did but want to get rid of it, see
File->Lockbox