How to delete stock symbols from update quotes list ?

How to delete stock symbols from update quotes list ?

Post by Sriniva » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

  I use Money98 , and it does a great job. I have one big problem with the
online quotes. I cannot delete some of the ticket symbols. Like once while
entering the ticket symbol I made a mistake, and then I corrected it latter.
But now it tries to download the wrong ticker symbols entry all the time,
and gives me a error.

I have to go there in the setting and delete it everytime. Then the same
happens with some of my options. There are some symbols that I have sold and
no more want to track. I have to manually uncheck them from the list
everytime. Even if I delete the stock from the setting, it again appears
next time.

Anyway to exclude a symbol price to be delete permanently.

Thanks

How to delete stock symbols from update quotes list ?

Post by Richard Bollar, MV » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

If you goto the details for an investment, you will see a ticker field,
where you can change or remove a bad ticker symbol.

--
Have a question on using Microsoft Money?  Visit the Unofficial Microsoft
Money FAQ at http://www.swizzle.com/msmoney/msmoney.htm

>Hi,

>  I use Money98 , and it does a great job. I have one big problem with the
>online quotes. I cannot delete some of the ticket symbols. Like once while
>entering the ticket symbol I made a mistake, and then I corrected it
latter.
>But now it tries to download the wrong ticker symbols entry all the time,
>and gives me a error.

>I have to go there in the setting and delete it everytime. Then the same
>happens with some of my options. There are some symbols that I have sold
and
>no more want to track. I have to manually uncheck them from the list
>everytime. Even if I delete the stock from the setting, it again appears
>next time.

>Anyway to exclude a symbol price to be delete permanently.

>Thanks

How to delete stock symbols from update quotes list ?

Post by 687.32.436 » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

No, this would not work.

Actually, I deleted this investment which has bad ticker symbol.
Buy, everytime when I download, the list still has this bad symbol.
Smart Microsoft programmers just forgot letting user to delete
this bad symbol.

>If you goto the details for an investment, you will see a ticker field,
>where you can change or remove a bad ticker symbol.

>--

How to delete stock symbols from update quotes list ?

Post by Richard Bollar, MV » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Sorry, but it works here.  Specifically, what happens when you go to the
investment's details and try to change the symbol field.

--
Have a question on using Microsoft Money?  Visit the Unofficial Microsoft
Money FAQ at http://www.swizzle.com/msmoney/msmoney.htm

>No, this would not work.

>Actually, I deleted this investment which has bad ticker symbol.
>Buy, everytime when I download, the list still has this bad symbol.
>Smart Microsoft programmers just forgot letting user to delete
>this bad symbol.

>>If you goto the details for an investment, you will see a ticker field,
>>where you can change or remove a bad ticker symbol.

>>--

1. Delete stock symbol or reuse stock symbol

I deleted a stock from my brokerage account and later ried
to re-enter but it states that symbol, "FASMX", is already
in use.

Also I entered a stock with the symbol "CE" and later that
day tried to enter more of that stock but it also stated I
could not use that symbol because it was already in use.

Any Advice?

Thanks

2. Hockey and Baseball MIDI Files?

3. Many old, unwanted stock symbols in symbol list

4. Kensington Sonic Lock

5. Money 2004 will not update stock quotes after initial update

6. versioning and journalling

7. Deleting unwanted quotes in download list

8. bug fixes: gTeX font generation batch files

9. Old Stock ticker symbols need 2B deleted

10. Deleted stock symbol

11. export a list of stock symbols

12. Stock Symbol List

13. Delete Old Stock Symbols ? HOW