Deposits with Several Checks?

Post by Scott Wilhel » Thu, 30 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I am using Money 98 and have not been succesful in recording a deposit of
several checks including my pay check which I set up in Pay Check Wizard.
What is the method to record a pay check, a reimbur*t check, and a gift
check, for example.  Money 98 does not want to "credit" any of my expense
accounts when depositing a reimbur*t check.  Also the interface is
different when you are depositing a pay check and doesn't seem appropriate
for additional checks.
Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,
Scott Wilhelm

Deposits with Several Checks?

Post by Kimberly Smith, MV » Thu, 30 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi Scott,

I use the method you describe when I have additional checks with my normal
paycheck. If you enter it on the first tab from within the Paycheck Wizard
(I think it's the Gross Pay tab. I'm not at my computer so I don't have
Money available to take a look), it will record it against whatever expense
you choose. Change your deposit total to match your actual deposit, then
add your additional checks. Record your paycheck as normal, with your wages
under the first tab. Also in this tab, put your different check amounts.
For instance, if you receive a rebate for Money 98, enter this as Office
Expense (first category) and Software (second category). This will allow
you to show each item, and will also be reported as a credit to your
expense category.

Hope this is helpful. If I wasn't very clear, let me know and I'll post
more information once I'm at my machine with Money in front of me.

Regards,
Kim Smith
Microsoft MVP - Money

Quote:> I am using Money 98 and have not been succesful in recording a deposit of
> several checks including my pay check which I set up in Pay Check Wizard.
> What is the method to record a pay check, a reimbur*t check, and a
gift
> check, for example.  Money 98 does not want to "credit" any of my expense
> accounts when depositing a reimbur*t check.  Also the interface is
> different when you are depositing a pay check and doesn't seem
appropriate
> for additional checks.
> Thank you very much for your help!

> Regards,
> Scott Wilhelm

Deposits with Several Checks?

Post by Scott Wilhel » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you very much for your reply.  This did work but I had to accept
messages warning me of using an expense account for a revenue and vise
versa.  Also, it warns this will somehow affect my budget.  It finally says
"If you receive a refund in a category, you should enter that number in the
expense category to which the refund should be applied using a negative
sign."  I should point out that I am using the Deposit tab in my checking
account to record this transaction and this message occurs when I use an
expense account.  Why and where would I enter a negative sign?  Again your
method seems to work fine - I am just confused my Money's warning when doing
this.  Any thoughts?  Thanks again!

Regards,
Scott Wilhelm