Online Banks

Post by Joe Robi » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Sorry if this has been covered before.  How can I retrieve a list of the
banks that interface with Money directly?  Our existing bank, 1st Chicago,
recently became associated with BankOne, which requires transaction
downloading from their website.  Our existing credit card, FirstCard,
recently became associated with FirstUSA, which requires tranaction
downloading from their website.  My credit union requires transaction
downloading from their website... and on..... and on..... We just signed up
with Wingspan.com, which requires transaction downloading from their
website.....

Oh! for the old days when I could access our credit card and bank from
directly within Quicken easily.  Of course, we had a Quicken crashing
problem, which is why we went to Money.  However, with all the requirements
these days to go to individual websites, log in, download data, it seems as
if life is getting more difficult.

Anyway, anyone have access to that list, or can you point me in the correct
direction?

Thanks!

Joe Robin

Online Banks

Post by Bruce Chastai » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Our existing bank, 1st Chicago,
> recently became associated with BankOne, which requires transaction
> downloading from their website.  Our existing credit card, FirstCard,
> recently became associated with FirstUSA, which requires tranaction
> downloading from their website.

Me too.

You can find MS's list of Online enabled sites at
http://www.microsoft.com/money/online/allfi.htm.  Just click on "Credit
Card Providers Online" to get a list of the credit cards.

But for some reason, the credit card pickings are slim.  I haven't yet
decided who I'll be moving to but FirstUSA already screwed up a OFX
download and dropped a transaction, so I'm definitely looking.

Bruce.

Online Banks

Post by Susan Denni » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

yeahbutt... that Microsoft list does NOT say whether or not those banks have
a REAL interface or a 'download the file and then import' - big difference
in my book.  I, too, would like to know which ones are REAL.  BankDirect
responded (nice note, actually) that they hope to have it implemented in
November but they don't have any credit card yet.  Wingspan has a credit
card, but you have to import their file.

I, too, would like to see a list of banks and credit cards that offer the
real deal instead of this lame transaction downloading.

The only one I know for for sure is First Tech, but they are having a heck
of a time keeping their service up and operational.

--

Susan Dennis
Seattle,WA

Online Banks

Post by Bruce Chastai » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> yeahbutt... that Microsoft list does NOT say whether or not those
banks have
> a REAL interface or a 'download the file and then import' - big
difference
> in my book.

I know and agree, the difference is a MAJOR one.

MS needs to get its act together here, because no one even knows what
the official NAME for that direct service is.  The best I can figure out
is that "Online Statements" or "Direct downloads" refers to the  non-web
based downloads.  The web based downloads are called OFX or Active
Statements.

The VERY frustrating part is that most of the credit card companies I've
emailed so far don't know the difference either!  Their support knows
they support Money, but not how!

To test a suspect bank/credit card company, I create a temp Money
account for the institution and then run Setup Online Services just to
see if the new account shows up in the Money "Connect To" dialog.

If anyone is able to contribute names of credit card companies they KNOW
supports Money direct downloads (NOT web based), please speak up!!

Bruce.

Online Banks

Post by Alan » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> If anyone is able to contribute names of credit card companies they
KNOW
> supports Money direct downloads (NOT web based), please speak up!!

American Express supports downloading directly into Money2000 (and M99).
Very convenient.

AT&T Universal Card requires logging into the website and downloading a
QIF.

Online Banks

Post by Bruce Chastai » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> AT&T Universal Card requires logging into the website and downloading
> QIF.

Thanks much for that.  That was one I was going to investigate.  And the
list gets even shorter. :-(

Bruce.

Online Banks

Post by Belinda Boulte » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

U.S. Bank (www.usbank.com) supports direct downloads from Money. I get my
U.S. Bank Visa statement along with my checking and savings account
statements, and I can do an Xfer between them to pay the Visa bill. They
support web-based banking too, so you have to make sure you're signing up
for the right one.

Belinda

> > If anyone is able to contribute names of credit card companies they
> KNOW
> > supports Money direct downloads (NOT web based), please speak up!!

> American Express supports downloading directly into Money2000 (and M99).
> Very convenient.

> AT&T Universal Card requires logging into the website and downloading a
> QIF.

Online Banks

Post by Bruce Chastai » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> U.S. Bank (www.usbank.com) supports direct downloads from Money. I get my
> U.S. Bank Visa statement along with my checking and savings account
> statements, and I can do an Xfer between them to pay the Visa bill. They
> support web-based banking too, so you have to make sure you're signing up
> for the right one.

Sounds excellent!  Thanks very much for the info!

Bruce.

Online Banks

Post by Ric » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am using Wells Fargo for banking with M98, I have multiple accounts and
move money allover the place. I am Thrilled with the integration, just not
their fees.
Discover integrates nicely as well, with only a few recent service
disruptions.

> > U.S. Bank (www.usbank.com) supports direct downloads from Money. I get
my
> > U.S. Bank Visa statement along with my checking and savings account
> > statements, and I can do an Xfer between them to pay the Visa bill. They
> > support web-based banking too, so you have to make sure you're signing
up
> > for the right one.

> Sounds excellent!  Thanks very much for the info!

> Bruce.

Online Banks

Post by Bruce Chastai » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am using Wells Fargo for banking with M98, I have multiple accounts and
> move money allover the place. I am Thrilled with the integration, just not
> their fees.
> Discover integrates nicely as well, with only a few recent service
> disruptions.

Thanks, I'll take a look!

Bruce.

Online Banks

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Make sure you take a look at another tread on this topic ... it has all the
answers!!   See "Direct Connect Banks"

> > I am using Wells Fargo for banking with M98, I have multiple accounts
and
> > move money allover the place. I am Thrilled with the integration, just
not
> > their fees.
> > Discover integrates nicely as well, with only a few recent service
> > disruptions.

> Thanks, I'll take a look!

> Bruce.

Online Banks

Post by Bruce Chastai » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Make sure you take a look at another tread on this topic ... it has all
the
> answers!!   See "Direct Connect Banks"

Thanks.

Bruce.

1. Difference between regular online banking and online banking through Money

Newbie question...

I seem to be a bit confused about using online banking services through
MSMoney.  Here's the situation.

I have a Citibank account and have always used the online banking services
through the Internet.  I have now purchased Microsoft Money and wanted to
setup the online services, but when I go to download account statements, I
essentially just get the same web interface encased in the browser...MSMoney
doesn't seem to do much except act as a browser and I still wind up simply
downloading QIF files which I have to import into the software.

This is a little different from what I was expecting, in that I was hoping
to do everything from within the MSMoney interface without ever having to
see the web interface for the particular bank.

I now understand that part of the problem is mine...Citibank doesn't really
seem to support online services through MSMoney, only Quicken.  My question
is...is what I have described the way that all of the banks work?  Am I
always simply going to get the existing online web interface presented
through MSMoney.

What I want is to be able to work exclusively through one interface, the
MSMoney interface, sending payment and transfer instructions through
MSMoney.  Can this be done?  Is there a recommendation for a bank that I can
use?  Does anyone have any experience with Chase and are they capable of
doing this?

Thanks,
Matthew

2. looking for a new callus rom

3. FYI - Bank of America online banking changes

4. Quantum LPS120AT intermittent problems

5. Compass Bank in Alabama vs other online banks

6. Microstation Basic

7. Bug: MM05 online banking - can't use two logins at one bank

8. Does anybody have a Footballer of the Year poke

9. Online Banking: I picked the wrong bank

10. Money 2004 -- Online Banking w/ Bank of America

11. MSM 2003 bank online banking/billpay vs MSN bill pay

12. Can't use online banking with Centura Bank

13. Bank listed on online bank list, but doesn't show up in $98