Reports using memo data field

Post by jbyer » Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:48:10

In past versions of Money, I was able to specify data in
the memo field to create reports. I can't figure out how
to do that in Money 2002. Is is possible?

Reports using memo data field

Post by jbyers » Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:12:15

Never mind -- finally figured it out. (Use Tools, Find to
search for keyword in memo field, then click on the Create
Report button.)

1. Payee Matching using Memo Field?

Note sure if this is specific to BofA, or if I'm just
missing something.I am using MS Money Deluxe 2004, but
also had same prob with 2000

When I download ofx (problems with qif also) statements
the Payee or <name> is truncated to 32 char which
normally I wouldnt care since money only allows 32 char
in the payee feild. Problem is my transactions in the OFX
are like this:

<NAME>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** O
<MEMO>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** ON 07-03
CUSTOMER ******** PAYMENT TO                     ACME

Is it possible to auto match Payees using the info from
the memo feild? Right now any debit purchase shows up as
INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS and I have to modify the payee
every friggen time.

Thanks in advance from any help.

2. Browser clue

3. Reports Using Memo Category

4. Need help finding Chicago area companies

5. Bank Puts Memo Info in "Pay to" field

6. Unable to edit memo field in some downloaded transactions

7. How can I auto assign categories from the Memo field?

8. Exported payee info appearing in memo field?

9. Suppressing the Memo Field on Check Printing

10. memo/payee fields

11. 'memo' field