Money 2000 - customizing reports

Post by Mike Thoma » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

In Money 99, if you modified (customized) a report, Money would ask if you wanted to save changes when you exited the report. Money 2000 seems to automatically save changes. I find this annoying, because if I want to (say) find all payments to XYZ Corp., I bring up the "all transactions" report and temporarily customize it, knowing that the customizations won't over-ride the settings for the report.

Is there any way to tell Money 2000 to prompt for changes to reports?

Thanks ... Mike

Money 2000 - customizing reports

Post by Bruce Chastai » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Mike Thomas <withheld>
"In Money 99, if you modified (customized) a report, Money would ask if
you wanted to save changes when you exited the report. Money 2000 seems
to automatically save changes. I find this annoying ... Is there any way
to tell Money 2000 to prompt for changes to reports?"

I think that actually changed between 98 and 99, but no, there's no way
to restore the old behavor.

And yes, it's annoying.

Bruce.

Money 2000 - customizing reports

Post by Alodar » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Actually yes there is a way to customize and save reports in M2k and still
have the original

Start the Reports...doesn't matter, pick on.  Customize it the way you want.
Once you finish, choose apply and you'll see the results of your
customization.  I suggest you name your report to detail what ever
customization you are doing.

Once you are viewing the results of your report, Click Favorites, choose Add
Favorites.  Follow the on screen instructions.  Your report will be saved
under a name that you choose in the My Favorites item in Reports.

Customize.  Click Reset. then apply.

The original is back in place, your customized report is named and saved.

-a

Quote:> Mike Thomas <withheld>
> "In Money 99, if you modified (customized) a report, Money would ask if
> you wanted to save changes when you exited the report. Money 2000 seems
> to automatically save changes. I find this annoying ... Is there any way
> to tell Money 2000 to prompt for changes to reports?"

> I think that actually changed between 98 and 99, but no, there's no way
> to restore the old behavor.

> And yes, it's annoying.

> Bruce.

Money 2000 - customizing reports

Post by Mike Thoma » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, I hadn't thought to look for a reset button.

    Mike

> Actually yes there is a way to customize and save reports in M2k and still
> have the original

> Start the Reports...doesn't matter, pick on.  Customize it the way you
want.
> Once you finish, choose apply and you'll see the results of your
> customization.  I suggest you name your report to detail what ever
> customization you are doing.

> Once you are viewing the results of your report, Click Favorites, choose
Add
> Favorites.  Follow the on screen instructions.  Your report will be saved
> under a name that you choose in the My Favorites item in Reports.

> Customize.  Click Reset. then apply.

> The original is back in place, your customized report is named and saved.

> -a

> > Mike Thomas <withheld>
> > "In Money 99, if you modified (customized) a report, Money would ask if
> > you wanted to save changes when you exited the report. Money 2000 seems
> > to automatically save changes. I find this annoying ... Is there any way
> > to tell Money 2000 to prompt for changes to reports?"

> > I think that actually changed between 98 and 99, but no, there's no way
> > to restore the old behavor.

> > And yes, it's annoying.

> > Bruce.

1. Money 2000 Report Customizing Problems

I customized investment reports and saved them as favorite reports in Money
98.  When I upgraded to Money 2000 Deluxe it reverted to the stock Money
2000 reports.  Bold column headings and section headings were lost and
removed columns were returned.....  I've tried to customize them again in
Money 2000, but you can apparently only make trivial changes.  And I also
can't find a way to temporarily close the "cash" accounts so they don't
clutter up the Net Worth Report.

Any suggestions on how to get back some of the functionality in Money 98?

Thanks.

Bob

2. Roaming Profiles NT4.0 Domain W2K Terminal server

3. customizing invoices (trial 2000 not working)

4. Cakewalk 9

5. Customize the Montly Report in Money 2003 Standard?

6. Alert software

7. Customizing Reports in Money 2001 Standard

8. OLE Drag and Drop for a TreeView

9. Creating customized report

10. customize report with multiple months

11. Accounts Missing in Reports > Customize > Accounts Tab <TJS Oviedo>

12. Customize reports on home page?

13. Customizing report in MS2005 causes data to vanish