Importing CSV Files into Microsoft Money

Importing CSV Files into Microsoft Money

Post by Mike » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 06:52:32

Is there an easy way to import CSV or Excel Files into MS
Money 2003?

My bank screws up the Payee when I electronically download
from their website, so I'm looking for a way to fix this
then import into MS Money 2003.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Importing CSV Files into Microsoft Money

Post by John DeMastr » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:37:01

In Money 2004, you can have Money use your user-entered payee names instead
of overwriting them with the downloaded names in the statement (in
Tools-Options-Online Services-Replace downloaded payee...).  I enter the
transaction how I prefer it, and when Money downloads the appropriate
transaction, my name is the one that remains after the matching.

Not sure if this is available in 2003, but it's how I overcame what you
asked (without a potentially * QIF->Excel->Money cycle).

Good luck - John

Quote:> Is there an easy way to import CSV or Excel Files into MS
> Money 2003?

> My bank screws up the Payee when I electronically download
> from their website, so I'm looking for a way to fix this
> then import into MS Money 2003.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks!

Importing CSV Files into Microsoft Money

Post by Dick Watso » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:22:17

Have you read the FAQ? A pointer to it along with a recommendation to read
it before posting was posted last evening. I'm sure it has the answer to
this question and more.

Post by Colin Smal » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:37:33

> Is there an easy way to import CSV or Excel Files into MS
> Money 2003?

> My bank screws up the Payee when I electronically download
> from their website, so I'm looking for a way to fix this
> then import into MS Money 2003.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks!

If you don't mind fiddling a bit with VBScript, you can probably get MT2OFX
V3 to do what you want (with a CSV or text file). Check out www.mt2ofx.tk
and/or mail me for more details.

Colin