Clarification MoneyCounts ->Quicken or MS Money

Clarification MoneyCounts ->Quicken or MS Money

Post by Chris Cowle » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:11:12

The simple answer is no.

The only reason Quicken can do it is that Intuit bought Parsons' Technology
(when Bob Parsons first sold out) and the PT staff wrote that utility to
help convert MC users to Quicken. There was no further development of MC
after the sale to Intuit.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

Quote:> My question is will Microsoft Money directly import and convert Parsons
MoneyCounts
> files?

Clarification MoneyCounts ->Quicken or MS Money

Post by fran » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 04:15:16

Chris - thanks for your reply.  Somehow I wish I could
easily convert to something that is current and supported.
 May have to just start over one of these years with most
likely MS Money.  Thanks again.  Have a pleasant holiday.
Frank

Post by Joe Norto » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 01:56:37

You can convert to Quicken and then convert to Money (Assuming that
Parsons-to-Quicken really works ok).

Also -- check that Money supports conversion from your version of Quicken
(only a question for the latest Quicken version).

--

Joe Norton
Ringwood, NJ

Quote:> first posted by me on Dec 9th 9:26AM.  I was interested in
> converting my Parsons MoneyCounts 10 years of data to
> Quicken only to be disappointed with Quicken's level of
> support.  I am most impressed and pleased with Microsoft's
> help/community forum and inasmuch as I paid less than $5.00
> for Quicken I will not hestitate to uninstall Quicken and
> purchase Microsoft Money.  My question is will Microsoft
> Money directly import and convert Parsons MoneyCounts
> files?  I want to thank both Ken London and Chris Cowles
> for your replies to my first post.

Clarification MoneyCounts ->Quicken or MS Money

Post by Chris Cowle » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:49:18

As Joe said, you can convert MC->Quicken-> Money. The Quicken add-in to
convert MC works well, but I don't know if it works in recent versions of
Quicken. It shouldn't be too hard to borrow an old version from somebody.
After you have it converted in Quicken to your satisfaction, Money will
import the Quicken files directly, I believe. If not, you definitely can
export Quicken to QIF and then import that to Money.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

> Chris - thanks for your reply.  Somehow I wish I could
> easily convert to something that is current and supported.
>  May have to just start over one of these years with most
> likely MS Money.  Thanks again.  Have a pleasant holiday.
> Frank

1. Netcommander ISDN and Money 99 > > >Does Quicken Work?

It appears that Money 99 will not work with a Diamond Netcommander ISDN card
(It won't allow you to find a modem, even with the patch)  It also appears
that Microsoft is not going to fix this problem.

I am wondering if Quicken has the same problem.  I would switch back to an
earlier version of Money but I would have to start over because I have no
clue how to convert the data file to an older version.

At least with Quicken I could import the Money 99 data.

Any Thoughts?

Don Biz

2. Excel Data Form problem !

3. ------>>>>>>CASH IN ON THE NET

4. Windows 2000 - Disabling SMS

5. Import Moneycounts 9.0>Money 2003

6. Intel Special issue of OpenVMS Times

7. Quicken 99 -> MS Money 2004

8. Funciton template argument deduction

9. MS Money 2005/Quicken 2005 -> GnuCash instead ??

10. This KILLER AD <<<<EQr3>>>>

11. M2002: Does Bank->MoneyCentral->MS Money work?