Delete Old Stock Symbols ? HOW

Post by Scot » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

How do I get rid of old stock symbols when I download prices.  I am
getting quotes for symbols I do not need.

Also how do I get the "accts" changed on my home page in Money98?

Thanks

Delete Old Stock Symbols ? HOW

Post by Richard Bolla » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

If you remove the ticker under the details tab for that investment, it won't
download.  If you're trying to remove a stock which you don't own, you can
select it under the Positions view.

The accounts on the home page are the ones that you have designated as
favorites.  Also selected on the details tab for each account.

>How do I get rid of old stock symbols when I download prices.  I am
>getting quotes for symbols I do not need.

>Also how do I get the "accts" changed on my home page in Money98?

>Thanks

Delete Old Stock Symbols ? HOW

Post by Doug Hogart » Sun, 01 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I get lots of error messages during download about symbols such as !!!!!1
(and other digits - I might be wrong about the number of exclamation
points).

Is that what happens when you remove the ticker symbol?

Quote:>If you remove the ticker under the details tab for that investment, it
won't
>download.  If you're trying to remove a stock which you don't own,

Delete Old Stock Symbols ? HOW

Post by Richard Bolla » Sun, 01 Feb 1998 04:00:00

No, that's what happens when you link an account to Investor and you don't
have a ticker installed.  For each stock you choose to skip, Investor puts
in a !!!!1 or !!!!2, etc. placeholder.  Unfortunately, this messed up online
quotes when accessed from Money.

>I get lots of error messages during download about symbols such as !!!!!1
>(and other digits - I might be wrong about the number of exclamation
>points).

>Is that what happens when you remove the ticker symbol?

>>If you remove the ticker under the details tab for that investment, it
>won't
>>download.  If you're trying to remove a stock which you don't own,

1. Delete stock symbol or reuse stock symbol

I deleted a stock from my brokerage account and later ried
to re-enter but it states that symbol, "FASMX", is already
in use.

Also I entered a stock with the symbol "CE" and later that
day tried to enter more of that stock but it also stated I
could not use that symbol because it was already in use.

Any Advice?

Thanks

2. shamrock monitor C708TS

3. Old Stock ticker symbols need 2B deleted

4. 68040 -> 68060 Hardware Migration possible ?

5. Many old, unwanted stock symbols in symbol list

6. BBC Emulator for PC

7. How do I remove old, old, old stock prices from investment summary on page 1??

8. ipc queue seems high

9. Deleting old symbols ...I no longer own

10. Deleting old symbols

11. Delete old symbols in online updates?

12. Cant get rid of old stock symbols in online quotes

13. Old stock symbol help