Money 2000: Closed Accounts Are Not Displayed in Net Worth Reports

Money 2000: Closed Accounts Are Not Displayed in Net Worth Reports

Post by William Schuurma » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

KB article Q262171
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q262/1/71.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0 describes an annoying problem with Money 2000. Every time I want to
see the report for how much money my portfolio is losing (by running the
"Net Worth Over Time" report), I have to "open" all "closed" accounts. This
very annoying since having all the closed accounts opened is a nuisance when
using other features of the product.

I noticed the Money product publishes fixes on
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/, what's the chance of getting this one
fixed????

Money 2000: Closed Accounts Are Not Displayed in Net Worth Reports

Post by Richard Bollar, MV » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

The chances of getting this fixed before M2001 are close to zero.  Generally
patches are reserved for show stopping problems.

--
I do not work for Microsoft.

Quote:> KB article Q262171

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q262/1/71.ASP?LN=EN-...
Quote:> n&FR=0 describes an annoying problem with Money 2000. Every time I want to
> see the report for how much money my portfolio is losing (by running the
> "Net Worth Over Time" report), I have to "open" all "closed" accounts.
This
> very annoying since having all the closed accounts opened is a nuisance
when
> using other features of the product.

> I noticed the Money product publishes fixes on
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/, what's the chance of getting this one
> fixed????

Money 2000: Closed Accounts Are Not Displayed in Net Worth Reports

Post by Bruce Chastai » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> KB article Q262171

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q262/1/71.ASP?LN=EN-...

Quote:> n&FR=0 describes an annoying problem with Money 2000.
> I noticed the Money product publishes fixes on
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/, what's the chance of getting this one
> fixed????

Except for rare exceptions, MS does not issue fixes for Money between
releases.  Assuming MS sticks to their usual schedule, Money 2001 will be
released in the September/October time frame.  Then you'll be able to
purchase the next round of fixes and buggy new features..

However, it's anyone's guess (no one here works for MS) as to whether M2001
will contain a fix for the glaring bug you mentioned.

Bruce.

Post by David Inma » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> > KB article Q262171

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q262/1/71.ASP?LN=EN-U
S&SD=g

Quote:> > n&FR=0 describes an annoying problem with Money 2000.
> > I noticed the Money product publishes fixes on
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/, what's the chance of getting
this one
> > fixed????

> Except for rare exceptions, MS does not issue fixes for Money
between
> releases.  Assuming MS sticks to their usual schedule, Money 2001
will be
> released in the September/October time frame.  Then you'll be able
> purchase the next round of fixes and buggy new features..

> However, it's anyone's guess (no one here works for MS) as to
whether M2001
> will contain a fix for the glaring bug you mentioned.

> Bruce.

Or - for that matter - any of the other bugs!

David Inman