downloaded transactions - automatically filling in wrong payee

downloaded transactions - automatically filling in wrong payee

Post by Angie Clar » Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:17:04

When I download my bank statements, Money is automatically filling in the
payee for every transaction. It is, of course, the wrong payee in most cases.
How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Angie Clark

downloaded transactions - automatically filling in wrong payee

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:23:37

In microsoft.public.money, "Angie Clark" <Angie

>When I download my bank statements, Money is automatically filling in the
>payee for every transaction. It is, of course, the wrong payee in most cases.
>How do I stop this from happening?

Go to
Accounts&Bills->Categories&Payees->Payees->PreferredPayeeNames
[M05]Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees->PreferredPayeeNames
which shows how downloaded names are translated into Payees.
Record the Payee Name Variation(s) shown for "the wrong payee".
Delete entries that you think should be deleted.

Then click on GoToPayeeRulesManager.  Excluded Payee Names
identifies words and phrases that should be ignored from the payee
field (e.g., check, deposit).  Add each word or phrase that were
listed as a Payee Name Variation that you recorded.

While you are at it, it is usually a good idea to select
Tools->Options->OnlineServices->ReplacePayeeNames....
[M05]Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->ReplacePayeeNames....