Is Gasoline a sub-Cat of Automobile expense included in Schedule C

Post by drstev » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:28:01

Is Gasoline a sub-Cat of Automobile expense included in Schedule C?
Because the prompt of where to put it on the tax form did not even give me a
choice for schedule C.  I thought maybe becasue it was defaulting to the
Automile expense classification.

Is Gasoline a sub-Cat of Automobile expense included in Schedule C

Post by drstev » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:31:01

It never gave me a choice of schedule C on where to put the info on which tax
form when I am entering categories and subcategories.  I assume it did not
give me a choice because the tax line it was defaulting to was the Automobile
expense which is the main category and gasoline is the subcategory.

Is Gasoline a sub-Cat of Automobile expense included in Schedule C

Post by Dick Watso » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:58:02

Check the details for the category to be sure.

Quote:> It never gave me a choice of schedule C on where to put the info on which
> tax
> form when I am entering categories and subcategories.  I assume it did not
> give me a choice because the tax line it was defaulting to was the
> Automobile
> expense which is the main category and gasoline is the subcategory.

Is Gasoline a sub-Cat of Automobile expense included in Schedule C

Post by Remove ABCD from Email address to repl » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:06:39

If you go to categories and Payees then at on left hand side there under
Common Tasks is setup tax categories.

--

Neil

> Check the details for the category to be sure.

>> It never gave me a choice of schedule C on where to put the info on which
>> tax
>> form when I am entering categories and subcategories.  I assume it did
>> not
>> give me a choice because the tax line it was defaulting to was the
>> Automobile
>> expense which is the main category and gasoline is the subcategory.

1. Moving $ from one Expense Cat. to another

Is there any easy way to move money from one Expense Category to another
without editing an original transaction?  I have a Cash Category that is for
miscellaneous expenses that are tracked only in total.  Occasionally, some
of these funds need to be backed-out and applied to a category that is
tracked in detail.   The system does not seem to readily permit that action.
Thanks.

2. FP Multiplee Licences?

3. Automobile Expense Tracking

4. How prevent loading pics in "normal" view?

5. Money 2002 - "Include on Tax Reports" option for sub-catagory

6. Problem With MSDSS - Directory syncronization cant browse NDS

7. Tracking Automobile expenses in Money P&B

8. Problems importing data

9. I am looking for a solution which might include Money

10. Monthly Report not including some expenses

11. Sub-category for Sub-category

12. Sub-Categories of Sub-Categories?

13. How am I doing report not listing expenses