Converting *mny file from Money 99 7.0 to Trial Edition of Money 2001

Converting *mny file from Money 99 7.0 to Trial Edition of Money 2001

Post by Luis Paul » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi, everybody.
I downloaded the 20 Mb (!) file and installed the trial version.
Now when I try opening my 'older' Money files I get the "file was saved in
an incompatible version'...
Is it possible that Microsoft is doing THIS?
Or am I missing something?
Should I first download and install any 2000 Edition and then try converting
the converted files to the 2001 ?
Should I bother?
Do any of you know if the actual purchased program has the same problem?

And another thing...  I need to use the Invoice feature which is there in
Money 99, but... I don't see it in the 2001 version ( although I read
somewhere it was improved, by letting me change the invoice layouts - which
is why I decided to try it in the first place... )

Thanks a lot.

Paulo

Converting *mny file from Money 99 7.0 to Trial Edition of Money 2001

Post by Richard Bollar, MV » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

The web trial of Money 2001 is only for US & Canadian Users.  It won't work
with foreign versions of Money.  To upgrade to Money 2001, you'll need to
find a version compatible with your Money 99 version.

Regarding invoicing, the US version only has invoicing in the Deluxe &
Business version.  This is different from some foreign versions, which have
invoicing has part of the basic package.

--
I do not work for Microsoft.

Quote:> Hi, everybody.
> I downloaded the 20 Mb (!) file and installed the trial version.
> Now when I try opening my 'older' Money files I get the "file was saved in
> an incompatible version'...
> Is it possible that Microsoft is doing THIS?
> Or am I missing something?
> Should I first download and install any 2000 Edition and then try
converting
> the converted files to the 2001 ?
> Should I bother?
> Do any of you know if the actual purchased program has the same problem?

> And another thing...  I need to use the Invoice feature which is there in
> Money 99, but... I don't see it in the 2001 version ( although I read
> somewhere it was improved, by letting me change the invoice layouts -
which
> is why I decided to try it in the first place... )

> Thanks a lot.

> Paulo

Converting *mny file from Money 99 7.0 to Trial Edition of Money 2001

Post by Luis Paul » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:07:46

Thank you so much for the info, Richard.
I think you may be right. I actually thought my Money 99 version was an US
one, since there is no Portuguese Edition, but maybe we get here the UK
version ( where, as you noted, the invoicing feature is available ).

Anyway, so that you know ( and especially to anyone to whom this may be of
some help) :
I ended up doing the following

- Re-installed version 99
- Exported - one by one - all my accounts as .qif files.
- Installed the Business and Personal 2000 Trial Edition.
- Imported the .qif files into that version
( had to "trick it", though, since there were a lot of transfers between
those accounts, and I had to figure out a way to avoid duplicating them...)

It was a lot of work, but I managed to get it right.
And it was worth it, since this Business and Personal version gives me
everything I need, since I started my own business, along with my regular
job (and I do not work for Microsoft either :o)

Problem now: I want to purchase the 2000 version. Not available anymore.
OK, give me the 2001 Deluxe & Business one. Nope, don't have it. OK, I'll
get it at Microsoft shopping site. Uh-uh, sorry: only US and Canada...

I have until Feb, 25 to get it. I hope it gets available here until then.

Again, thanks for your help.
Regards,

Luis Paulo