dual users

Post by Tom » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 11:40:04

I am using money 98.Is it possible for two different users
to have separate accounts, perhaps using different
passwords. My son ,who is thir*, is working part time
and would like to make his own budget. Can we both do this
and keep our budgeting separate.

dual users

Post by Dick Watso » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 11:58:18

I think you mean separate file, not separate accounts. Given that, yes it's
possible to do what you want.

Use File|New to create the second file. Money wants to reopen the most
recently opened file by default. To get around that, both of you could have
shortcuts to your respective Money files on your desktops.

Quote:> I am using money 98.Is it possible for two different users
> to have separate accounts, perhaps using different
> passwords. My son ,who is thir*, is working part time
> and would like to make his own budget. Can we both do this
> and keep our budgeting separate.

1. Dual-Cat Reg Key

Looks like the update is arriving.

For those with the current update of M05 wanting to restore dual-cat combos,
here is the registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\14.0]
"UseDualCatMode"=dword:00000001

Personally, I'm not sure what to do. I've been spending years trying to get
used to single-cat, and I still don't like it as much as dual-cat. I think
I'll honor the team by using this switch.

-Russ Paul-Jones
MSN Money

2. %s/[0-9]*// Question

3. Dual Categories listing

4. Warped Windows - information

5. Ahhhh! No "dual list" for categories?

6. Question about X

7. Updates hang with Dual Monitors

8. Dual Transfers on Statement

9. dual computer use

10. Dual boot

11. Money 2001 and Dual booting Win98/2000

12. Dual administartor problem??