slow 2006

Post by RBC » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 01:43:01

I have read Comments about the slowness of 2006. I use the small business
version. What can I turn off that may speed up my program. I do use my stock
portfolio quite alot and understand all stocks build up a history (for
charting, etc.) which I do not use. If i delete history and turn this off,
whould this help speed up other parts of the program. Is there other "extras"
that I can turn off or remove that might help? Thanks.
   RBC

slow 2006

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 01:52:35

>I have read Comments about the slowness of 2006. I use the small business
>version. What can I turn off that may speed up my program. I do use my stock
>portfolio quite alot and understand all stocks build up a history (for
>charting, etc.) which I do not use. If i delete history and turn this off,
>whould this help speed up other parts of the program. Is there other "extras"
>that I can turn off or remove that might help? Thanks.

Clear Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdateAutomicallyEvery__Minutes
to help with the portfolio itself.

1. Money 2006 slow, and transfer bug

I have a new 3.5G Intel system with XP Pro, 2G of ram, fast SATA drives, a
symetrical 1Mbps DSL link at the house,  and still... Microsoft Money 2006
takes about 8 seconds to respond to the "Approve" button.   When I say "Work
Offline", then its faster, but still unacceptably slow.

Also, with the latest 2 versions, it can no longer do a bank transfer
between checking and business in less than 4 days.   With previous versions,
and with Quickbooks, it was near instant.  Nobody at the bank or at
Microsoft Money can fix it.   The best they can come up with is "Your
computer clock must be wrong."

Bob

2. Terminal Services + Dual Monitor

3. Money 2006 refresh slow up to 2 min.

4. fx vs. scrubbing

5. Money 2006 Is Slow!!

6. GS Internet Access

7. slow loading, slow updating

8. Setup DNS behind Firewall (DMZ)

9. Convert Quicken 2006 to MS Money 2006 Trial version

10. Money 2006 without Money 2006 for PocketPCs.

11. Start Up Money 2006 Screen

12. Price line items on Invoices in Money 2006 SB

13. Coverting Quicken 2005 to Money 2006 Deluxe Trial