Category Spending in Reports crashing Money 2000 Deluxe.

Category Spending in Reports crashing Money 2000 Deluxe.

Post by Ken Lewi » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I spent several hours this past weekend add/deleting/changing the category
information in my Money file.

Now, when I attempt to select 'Category Spending' in 'Reports' Money returns
an 'empty' error box. (that is an error box with no information in it.)
After this, if I select any other report type, Norton CrashGuard intercepts
this error:

Windows 98 Version 4.10.2222
MSMONEY.EXE caused fault #c00000fd in MFC42.DLL at address 017f:5f401001

I checked all other report types shown and this particular one is the only
one causing this problem.  There are no problems with any of the other
reports until I attempt to run this one.

I have attempted to salvage this file, but that does not fix the problem.  I
believe that the problem is in my current money file because I did not have
this error occur in this file before I modified my categories (I ran this
report selection before) and the problem does not occur in the sample money
file or any new files I create.

Anyone else seen this and have any suggestions to correct the file. (Or a
fix for Money).

Thanks
Ken

Category Spending in Reports crashing Money 2000 Deluxe.

Post by Bob Peel, MV » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Have you tried without CrashGuard running?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

Hints/Tips
      http://microsoft.com/uk/support/money
UK Wishes/Suggestions

I will not reply to unsolicited EMAILs. Please post to the Newsgroups
for
the benefit of others.

The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
with Microsoft Corporation.

Quote:> I spent several hours this past weekend add/deleting/changing the
category
> information in my Money file.

> Now, when I attempt to select 'Category Spending' in 'Reports' Money
returns
> an 'empty' error box. (that is an error box with no information in
it.)
> After this, if I select any other report type, Norton CrashGuard
intercepts
> this error:

> Windows 98 Version 4.10.2222
> MSMONEY.EXE caused fault #c00000fd in MFC42.DLL at address
017f:5f401001

> I checked all other report types shown and this particular one is the
only
> one causing this problem.  There are no problems with any of the other
> reports until I attempt to run this one.

> I have attempted to salvage this file, but that does not fix the
problem.  I
> believe that the problem is in my current money file because I did not
have
> this error occur in this file before I modified my categories (I ran
this
> report selection before) and the problem does not occur in the sample
money
> file or any new files I create.

> Anyone else seen this and have any suggestions to correct the file.
(Or a
> fix for Money).

> Thanks
> Ken

Category Spending in Reports crashing Money 2000 Deluxe.

Post by Bart Fulle » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Ken,

Welcome to the club.  The same thing happened to me this past weekend.  See
the "Internal Application Error" thread starting on 9/27/99 above. I think
we've discovered a bug that corrupts the file.

From what I can tell, all we can do is qif all accounts into a new file.  MS
support recommended following the procedures in KB article Q178830.  I've
tried many different fixes to no avail.  I'm going to try MS's fix & then
probably get my 30 day refund this weekend.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

Bart

| I spent several hours this past weekend add/deleting/changing the category
| information in my Money file.
|
| Now, when I attempt to select 'Category Spending' in 'Reports' Money
returns
| an 'empty' error box. (that is an error box with no information in it.)
| After this, if I select any other report type, Norton CrashGuard
intercepts
| this error:
|
| Windows 98 Version 4.10.2222
| MSMONEY.EXE caused fault #c00000fd in MFC42.DLL at address 017f:5f401001
|
| I checked all other report types shown and this particular one is the only
| one causing this problem.  There are no problems with any of the other
| reports until I attempt to run this one.
|
| I have attempted to salvage this file, but that does not fix the problem.
| believe that the problem is in my current money file because I did not
have
| this error occur in this file before I modified my categories (I ran this
| report selection before) and the problem does not occur in the sample
money
| file or any new files I create.
|
| Anyone else seen this and have any suggestions to correct the file. (Or a
| fix for Money).
|
| Thanks
| Ken

Category Spending in Reports crashing Money 2000 Deluxe.

Post by Ken Lewi » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

No I haven't.  But what do you think that will accomplish?  CrashGuard is
preventing Money from crashing Windows, which is the next thing that
happens if you try and continue to use Money after the first error occurs
with MFC42.DLL.  As I said, the error doesn't occur until there were many
changes made to categories in the file.  If there are no changes...all is
well.

Ken

Quote:> Have you tried without CrashGuard running?

> --

Category Spending in Reports crashing Money 2000 Deluxe.

Post by Bob Peel, MV » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

There have been instances before of crash protection programs
erroneously objecting to perfectly valid actions that Money was
performing. I'm not saying it is necessarily so in your case but
FWIW....

--
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

Hints/Tips
      http://microsoft.com/uk/support/money
UK Wishes/Suggestions

I will not reply to unsolicited EMAILs. Please post to the Newsgroups
for
the benefit of others.

The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
with Microsoft Corporation.

> No I haven't.  But what do you think that will accomplish?  CrashGuard
is
> preventing Money from crashing Windows, which is the next thing that
> happens if you try and continue to use Money after the first error
occurs
> with MFC42.DLL.  As I said, the error doesn't occur until there were
many
> changes made to categories in the file.  If there are no changes...all
is
> well.

> Ken

> > Have you tried without CrashGuard running?

> > --

Category Spending in Reports crashing Money 2000 Deluxe.

Post by Bart Fulle » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Go to the "internal application error" thread above.  A fix has been found.
I tried it, it works.

Bart

ps - I'd link you to the message if I knew how.

| There have been instances before of crash protection programs
| erroneously objecting to perfectly valid actions that Money was
| performing. I'm not saying it is necessarily so in your case but
| FWIW....
|
| --
| Regards
| Bob Peel,
| Microsoft MVP - Money
|

| Hints/Tips
|       http://microsoft.com/uk/support/money
| UK Wishes/Suggestions

| I will not reply to unsolicited EMAILs. Please post to the Newsgroups
| for
| the benefit of others.
|
| The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
| with Microsoft Corporation.
|

| > No I haven't.  But what do you think that will accomplish?  CrashGuard
| is
| > preventing Money from crashing Windows, which is the next thing that
| > happens if you try and continue to use Money after the first error
| occurs
| > with MFC42.DLL.  As I said, the error doesn't occur until there were
| many
| > changes made to categories in the file.  If there are no changes...all
| is
| > well.
| >
| > Ken
| >

| > > Have you tried without CrashGuard running?
| > >
| > > --

1. Spending by Category Expense Report Money 2002

I upgraded to the newer version of Money 2002 and ran into this
problem:

On the Spending by Category Expence Report, I get unassigned expences
that doesn't exist.  I did a search for all transations that did not
have a category assigned and assigned a category, so there are no
transactions without category.

What is more strange is that the value of the "unassigned expense" in
the reports are exactly double all other categories combined.  If I
try double clicking on a unassigned bar expense (or in the column in
the text report), I get the error message saying that "You have no
transactions for the item you selected".

The strange behaviour only shows up when doing the report by category,
if I choose to do the columns by payee or account instead, there are
no strange transactions.

Any ideas?  Bug?  I tried reinstalling Money 2002, did not work.

/Tomas

2. Microsoft admits it!

3. Money 2001 planning reports, category spending

4. ActiveSync Notifiction

5. TRADE: My Money 2000 Deluxe for your Quicken 2000 Deluxe

6. update rect area in mdi, refresh mdi windows

7. new expense category doesn't appear in some spend reports in Money 98.

8. DXF Import to Geocoded DGN

9. Money 2000 Deluxe crashes Windows ME when changing Portfolio View

10. Category spending report duplication, etc.

11. Spending by Category Report on Home Page

12. Spending by Category Report