TD Waterhouse direct download ?

Post by Apotheco » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:37:33

Has anyone had experience downloading their transactions from within Money ?
For example, a given mutual fund will download twice,once for a buy and
again for a sell.Money gives the option of linking these both to 1 fund
already in the investment list,but here is my problem.I can never complete
the linking process,it just keeps asking to link over and over again .Any
ideas ? Thanks Alan

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:42:49

>Has anyone had experience downloading their transactions from within Money ?
>For example, a given mutual fund will download twice,once for a buy and
>again for a sell.Money gives the option of linking these both to 1 fund
>already in the investment list,but here is my problem.I can never complete
>the linking process,it just keeps asking to link over and over again .Any
>ideas ? Thanks Alan

This can happen at TD Waterhouse/Ameritrade with a reorg or a name
change that involves a CUSIP change . If you are still in that
never-ending process, here is how you can work it:

Start by copying your backup file in case you want to undo
something.

When this happens at TD Waterhouse/Ameritrade,  you are you
downloading an AddShares of a security with the new CUSIP (I will
call AddedOne), and a RemoveShares of the security with the new
CUSIP (RemovedOne). The CUSIP is not going to be displayed. So you
have to decide which of the two that you want to be associated with
your old transactions.... and usually that will be the new one.

So the workaround is to say that the one that is being removed is
some new fake security, with a name and symbol of perhaps ZZZZ1. It
might help to have ZZZZ1 created first.

Then tell Money that AddedOne is already in my account with a
different name -- the name I have been using.  Now if you then try
to tell Money that RemovedOne is the same also, you will get into a
repeating loop. Instead say that RemovedOne is ZZZZ1.

After you have done this process, go back and Void both the
AddShares, the RemoveShares, and look for an additional AddShares to
delete that Money might have inserted.

If you have previously given up and said the surviving security is a
new security, you can consider doing File->Restore to a time before
that. If that is not an available option, there is a more complex
solution.

1. respond if you use Direct Download with TD Waterhouse

I'd like a response if you use direct download to update your TD Waterhouse
account in the MS Money.  Whether it works or not, if you've tried the
direct download  please respond and mention if it's been useful.

I haven't been able to make sense out of information retrieved into my Money
2000.

2. D3D wrapper & GLQuake ?

3. Downloading trouble from TD Waterhouse into Money '04

4. using emacs deletes messages in +drafts

5. Money99 - TD WaterHouse Download Problem

6. Deleting Collections

7. Waterhouse Direct Download

8. CG Triplet Light

9. "Direct Download" at Waterhouse

10. Money 04 with TD Waterhouse

11. Setup Online w/TD Waterhouse Problems

12. Money 04 and TD Waterhouse

13. TD Waterhouse "Add Shares" problem in investment account