Seeing more than one transaction in the bills window

Seeing more than one transaction in the bills window

Post by Kristin » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:08:22

I would like to see more than one instance of an upcoming
deposit and/or bill (for instance, right now Money 2003
only shows one paycheck and all my bills until I enter the
paycheck into my register).  Does anyone know how to make
it so that I can see more than just once instance.  Money
2001 allowed me to see 1 month, or 2 month, etc....

Thanks!

Seeing more than one transaction in the bills window

Post by Glyn Simpson, MV » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:23:58

In the bills/deposits area, it will only show the next one. You can't change
this, but can see future ones in the bottom half of the cash flow or in the
calendar.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

Quote:> I would like to see more than one instance of an upcoming
> deposit and/or bill (for instance, right now Money 2003
> only shows one paycheck and all my bills until I enter the
> paycheck into my register).  Does anyone know how to make
> it so that I can see more than just once instance.  Money
> 2001 allowed me to see 1 month, or 2 month, etc....

> Thanks!

Seeing more than one transaction in the bills window

Post by Dick Watso » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:12:59

M02 redesigned this from M01. The FAQ:
---
Q): What happened to "Updated"/~/multiple recurrences/multi-select balance
and enter on my scheduled transactions?
     [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10) and up]

A): M02 completely redesigned the scheduled transactions implementation and
interface. We traded off the estimated tilde, "updated," the ability to see
all bills for time X not just the next one of a series, and the ability to
multi-select transactions and see a projected balance after these
transactions or enter them all into the register for the ability to change
any of the next twelve future instances of a repeated scheduled transaction
series. M03 came along and added back the estimated tilde and multi-select
projected balance but did nothing to show more than one future instance of
any recurring transaction for some window of time, the updated status of
individual scheduled items, or allow multi-select enter.

Quote:> I would like to see more than one instance of an upcoming
> deposit and/or bill (for instance, right now Money 2003
> only shows one paycheck and all my bills until I enter the
> paycheck into my register).  Does anyone know how to make
> it so that I can see more than just once instance.  Money
> 2001 allowed me to see 1 month, or 2 month, etc....

Seeing more than one transaction in the bills window

Post by kristin » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:41:26

Thank you.  Wow that FAQ isn't exactly clear, but I get
the gist of it

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>M02 redesigned this from M01. The FAQ:
>---
>Q): What happened to "Updated"/~/multiple

recurrences/multi-select balance
Quote:>and enter on my scheduled transactions?
>     [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10) and up]

>A): M02 completely redesigned the scheduled transactions
implementation and
>interface. We traded off the estimated tilde, "updated,"
the ability to see
>all bills for time X not just the next one of a series,
and the ability to
>multi-select transactions and see a projected balance
after these
>transactions or enter them all into the register for the
ability to change
>any of the next twelve future instances of a repeated

scheduled transaction
Quote:>series. M03 came along and added back the estimated

tilde and multi-select
>projected balance but did nothing to show more than one
future instance of
>any recurring transaction for some window of time, the
updated status of
>individual scheduled items, or allow multi-select enter.

>> I would like to see more than one instance of an
upcoming
>> deposit and/or bill (for instance, right now Money 2003
>> only shows one paycheck and all my bills until I enter
the
>> paycheck into my register).  Does anyone know how to
make
>> it so that I can see more than just once instance.
Money
>> 2001 allowed me to see 1 month, or 2 month, etc....

>.

Seeing more than one transaction in the bills window

Post by Kristin » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:40:50

Thank you   At least I know now.  It sucks not being able
to see what's between this paycheck and next without
actually entering it into my register.

Kristina.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>In the bills/deposits area, it will only show the next

one. You can't change
Quote:>this, but can see future ones in the bottom half of the
cash flow or in the
>calendar.

>--
>Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

>Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft
your wishes or
>suggestions, use

specific wish.

>I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money

>> I would like to see more than one instance of an
upcoming
>> deposit and/or bill (for instance, right now Money 2003
>> only shows one paycheck and all my bills until I enter
the
>> paycheck into my register).  Does anyone know how to
make
>> it so that I can see more than just once instance.
Money
>> 2001 allowed me to see 1 month, or 2 month, etc....

>> Thanks!

>.

Seeing more than one transaction in the bills window

Post by Dick Watso » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:44:02

What would make it clearer besides turning it into five separate FAQs?

Quote:> Thank you.  Wow that FAQ isn't exactly clear, but I get
> the gist of it

1. Only one biweeekly deposit seen by budget setup

Hope someone can help me out here.

I get paid biweekly and that's how I have it set up in Money 2002 and I
don't have any problems with it. I recently tried to set up a budget and my
salary appears under income and it is listed as occurring biweekly but it
only used one of the deposits to calculate my total monthly income. Can
anyone tell me why it's ignoring one of my biweekly deposits? If I get the
details on my salary, it shows the correct monthly amount (approx twice one
pay check). At first I thought it was because at the time I was doing this,
I had only received one pay check that month so I waited and tried again
after my second check had arrived but no dice, it still showed my income to
be equivalent to only one of the biweekly deposits. I tried to add a second
salary deposit but it wouldn't let me which it shouldn't, but I was
desperate.

One thought just came to me, I don't have my salary entered automatically, I
have it setup in "Pay or Record Bills and Deposits" but I enter it manually.
Could this be the reason?

Thx
Fred

2. ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach64) 4M VRA

3. Two Bill Payers with one account (one bank)?

4. 90 day trial of TS server

5. Selecting multiple bills within Bills window

6. Hyperref Package

7. Entering a one time transaction (not a revolving one)

8. Orbix and namespace on Solaris

9. downloaded transactions cannot be seen in register.

10. one bill uses bill pay check number AND is asked to print

11. 2 different accounts with different sign-ins at same firm for MM 0

12. Plug Ins for MS Money?

13. How do I handle Tax/Ins impounds in my Mortgage payment?