Money 2K and incorrect Payment Status information

Money 2K and incorrect Payment Status information

Post by John G. At » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I went through this with Money 99 where the Payment Status information for
an Epay was displayed incorrectly as:
        Money will be withdrawn from your account and sent to <payee> on
<date>

where date is one day after the transaction is actually due.  The normal
message should be:
        Money estimates that this payment will be sent to <payee> on <date>

where date is usually 4 days before the due date.

The fix back then was to change the address in some way and then change it
back since this was a bug with Money 97 generated payees only and doing so
apparently fixed the problem.  Well, it's back on at least one payee of mine
on Money 2K, and I can't seem to make it go away.  Please help!

Thanks,
John G. Ata
Sterling, VA

Money 2K and incorrect Payment Status information

Post by Kimberly Smith, MV » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi John,

Had you used this particular payee that you say this just started with in
M2K since M97? M97 is the version where this error came from. If this payee
was carried over but never used in the versions in between, then this would
explain why you are seeing this now in M2K.

--
Regards,
Kim Smith

I will no longer respond to direct email unless I have requested it.
Please post to the newsgroups so that others may benefit from your
questions.

The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
with Microsoft Corporation.

Quote:> Hi,

> I went through this with Money 99 where the Payment Status information for
> an Epay was displayed incorrectly as:
>         Money will be withdrawn from your account and sent to <payee> on
> <date>

> where date is one day after the transaction is actually due.  The normal
> message should be:
>         Money estimates that this payment will be sent to <payee> on
<date>

> where date is usually 4 days before the due date.

> The fix back then was to change the address in some way and then change it
> back since this was a bug with Money 97 generated payees only and doing so
> apparently fixed the problem.  Well, it's back on at least one payee of
mine
> on Money 2K, and I can't seem to make it go away.  Please help!

> Thanks,
> John G. Ata
> Sterling, VA

Money 2K and incorrect Payment Status information

Post by John G. At » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for  your reply.  I had been using this payee with no problem upto
and including September 3 under M99.  I switched to M2000 on September 6 and
this is the first time I've used it with the new version.  I still do not
see a problem with other payees though.  Any suggestions?  I could delete
the payee and recreate it, but then I would lose the history behind it.

Thanks,
John G. Ata

> Hi John,

> Had you used this particular payee that you say this just started with in
> M2K since M97? M97 is the version where this error came from. If this
payee
> was carried over but never used in the versions in between, then this
would
> explain why you are seeing this now in M2K.

> --
> Regards,
> Kim Smith
> Microsoft MVP IMU - Money/Investor

> I will no longer respond to direct email unless I have requested it.
> Please post to the newsgroups so that others may benefit from your
> questions.

> The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
> with Microsoft Corporation.

> > Hi,

> > I went through this with Money 99 where the Payment Status information
for
> > an Epay was displayed incorrectly as:
> >         Money will be withdrawn from your account and sent to <payee> on
> > <date>

> > where date is one day after the transaction is actually due.  The normal
> > message should be:
> >         Money estimates that this payment will be sent to <payee> on
> <date>

> > where date is usually 4 days before the due date.

> > The fix back then was to change the address in some way and then change
it
> > back since this was a bug with Money 97 generated payees only and doing
so
> > apparently fixed the problem.  Well, it's back on at least one payee of
> mine
> > on Money 2K, and I can't seem to make it go away.  Please help!

> > Thanks,
> > John G. Ata
> > Sterling, VA

1. Money 2K and incorrect Payment Status information

[...]

2. VPN with ADSL

3. Payment status - electronic payments

4. How Do I View Active User Sessions

5. Money 2K: Problem entering stock purchase information

6. Spin Doctor .. Error closing disk?

7. Importing Vanguard information in QIF format to Money 2k

8. How do you bring in web pages

9. Money does not update my Payment Status

10. Advisor fyi giving incorrect information in Money 2001

11. on-line payments--icon status

12. Reported Amount if Budgeted Debt Payments Are Overstated on "Review Your Budget Status" Screen

13. Payment status: transmitted when?