Categorizing downloaded transactions

Post by Peter W » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:38:08

Is there a way to have Money(2005) recognize keywords in downloaded
transactions and automatically suggest a category?
Are there certain banks whose format is more easily recognized by Money?

Categorizing downloaded transactions

Post by Richard Bolla » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:10:18

For a number of transactions, Money should already do this.  Is Money not
recommending any categories at all?

--

Quote:> Is there a way to have Money(2005) recognize keywords in downloaded
> transactions and automatically suggest a category?
> Are there certain banks whose format is more easily recognized by Money?

Categorizing downloaded transactions

Post by Peter W » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:05:14

90 percent of the time there is no suggestion, despite obvious clues in the
name of the merchant listed for the debit card transaction.

> For a number of transactions, Money should already do this.  Is Money not
> recommending any categories at all?

> --

> > Is there a way to have Money(2005) recognize keywords in downloaded
> > transactions and automatically suggest a category?
> > Are there certain banks whose format is more easily recognized by Money?

Categorizing downloaded transactions

Post by Richard Bolla » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:28:49

If you're really interested in diagnosing, it would be worthwhile to create
a new file and add some of your online accounts to it to see if they're
handled differently.

--

Post by BrainDea » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:59:46

> Is there a way to have Money(2005) recognize keywords in downloaded
> transactions and automatically suggest a category?
> Are there certain banks whose format is more easily recognized by Money?

You could use the mt2ofx program which is available as a free download,
google for it.  It lets you convert qif, ofx or various text formats
into qif output which contains the categories.

HTH.

Mark Lawrence.

1. Categorizing downloaded transactions

I'm hardly the resident expert--especially on downloaded transaction data
which I don't. There are many people who frequent the newsgroup who can
better answer these kinds of questions than I.

There have been many threads on this--do an advanced search of newsgroup
microsoft.public.money at http://groups.google.com.

2. Warp Server GUI

3. Using Money 2004 and auto categorizing downloaded transactions???

4. Lost ability to lock computer.

5. Training MS Money 2006 to categorize transactions

6. Help Please ... Cd Write Problem

7. Loan Adjustment Transactions not categorizing

8. solving inputs for specific solution

9. Automatically categorize after download

10. Categorizing the same transaction

11. How to Categorize Transfers from Downloaded Statements

12. categorize multiple transactions at once?

13. categorize multiple transactions to the same Payee at once?