composite index symbols

composite index symbols

Post by John Morto » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00



Hi,  what are the stock symbols for the various market indices?  In
particular I am
interested in the TSE300.

Thanks,
John

 
 
 

composite index symbols

Post by Richard Bollar, MV » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00


To some extent, that will depend on where you're getting the quotes.  Try
$TORN, which should work in Money 98.

--
Have a question on using Microsoft Money?  Visit the Unofficial Microsoft
Money FAQ at http://www.swizzle.com/msmoney/msmoney.htm


>Hi,  what are the stock symbols for the various market indices?  In
>particular I am
>interested in the TSE300.

>Thanks,
>John


 
 
 

composite index symbols

Post by John Morto » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00


Tried $TORN also CA:$TORN they don't work.  I get the 'the $TORN symbol
is invalid' error message when I try to get the online quotes.  I am using
my existing
internet connection to download the info.  I do not connect dirrectly to
MS's
server.  I am using Money 98.

Any other ideas MVP?


>To some extent, that will depend on where you're getting the quotes.  Try
>$TORN, which should work in Money 98.

>--
>Have a question on using Microsoft Money?  Visit the Unofficial Microsoft
>Money FAQ at http://www.swizzle.com/msmoney/msmoney.htm


>>Hi,  what are the stock symbols for the various market indices?  In
>>particular I am
>>interested in the TSE300.

>>Thanks,
>>John

 
 
 

composite index symbols

Post by Richard Bollar, MV » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00


Mmm.  downloading indices is not officially supported in Money, so getting
them is hit or miss, I guess.  Maybe we should wish that be supported in a
future version of Money!

--
Have a question on using Microsoft Money?  Visit the Unofficial Microsoft
Money FAQ at http://www.swizzle.com/msmoney/msmoney.htm


>Tried $TORN also CA:$TORN they don't work.  I get the 'the $TORN symbol
>is invalid' error message when I try to get the online quotes.  I am using
>my existing
>internet connection to download the info.  I do not connect dirrectly to
>MS's
>server.  I am using Money 98.

>Any other ideas MVP?


>>To some extent, that will depend on where you're getting the quotes.  Try
>>$TORN, which should work in Money 98.

>>--
>>Have a question on using Microsoft Money?  Visit the Unofficial Microsoft
>>Money FAQ at http://www.swizzle.com/msmoney/msmoney.htm


>>>Hi,  what are the stock symbols for the various market indices?  In
>>>particular I am
>>>interested in the TSE300.

>>>Thanks,
>>>John