Converting a .MN9 file to .mny

Converting a .MN9 file to .mny

Post by berberic » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 07:52:21



I currently have Money2003 running on windows98.  Somehow
my 2001archive.mny file from Money2002 lost some
transactions, so I looked at the .MN9 file created during
2001 under Money2000. The .MN9 file converted under
Money2003, and had all the previous transactions.  I would
like to use the .MN9 file to create a .mny file, and I
can't seem to see an option.  The .MN9 file did convert,
and seems to run fine in Money2003, but it would be nice
to have it saved as a .mny.
 
 
 

Converting a .MN9 file to .mny

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:46:25



>I currently have Money2003 running on windows98.  Somehow
>my 2001archive.mny file from Money2002 lost some
>transactions, so I looked at the .MN9 file created during
>2001 under Money2000. The .MN9 file converted under
>Money2003, and had all the previous transactions.  I would
>like to use the .MN9 file to create a .mny file, and I
>can't seem to see an option.  The .MN9 file did convert,
>and seems to run fine in Money2003, but it would be nice
>to have it saved as a .mny.

What I would do is to copy berberick.mn9 to bererick2.mny. You could
just rename berberick.mn9 to bererick.mny if you prefer.

You can use Windows Explorer to do the copying and renaming.

 
 
 

Converting a .MN9 file to .mny

Post by Dick Watso » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:45:35


When the MN9 file upgraded, it should have created a .MNY file. Check. M03
cannot use .MN9 files, so it has little choice but to create a .MNY file as
the outcome of the upgrade process.


Quote:> I currently have Money2003 running on windows98.  Somehow
> my 2001archive.mny file from Money2002 lost some
> transactions, so I looked at the .MN9 file created during
> 2001 under Money2000. The .MN9 file converted under
> Money2003, and had all the previous transactions.  I would
> like to use the .MN9 file to create a .mny file, and I
> can't seem to see an option.  The .MN9 file did convert,
> and seems to run fine in Money2003, but it would be nice
> to have it saved as a .mny.

 
 
 

Converting a .MN9 file to .mny

Post by berberic » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:53:34


Re-naming is a simple solution that worked.  Thanks
>-----Original Message-----

>>I currently have Money2003 running on windows98.  
Somehow
>>my 2001archive.mny file from Money2002 lost some
>>transactions, so I looked at the .MN9 file created
during
>>2001 under Money2000. The .MN9 file converted under
>>Money2003, and had all the previous transactions.  I
would
>>like to use the .MN9 file to create a .mny file, and I
>>can't seem to see an option.  The .MN9 file did convert,
>>and seems to run fine in Money2003, but it would be nice
>>to have it saved as a .mny.

>What I would do is to copy berberick.mn9 to

bererick2.mny. You could

- Show quoted text -

Quote:>just rename berberick.mn9 to bererick.mny if you prefer.

>You can use Windows Explorer to do the copying and
renaming.

>.

 
 
 

1. Converting M99.mny to M2003.mny.....

....I receive this error: "Money cannot open this file because it was
created by an incompatible version". My Money 99 is an italian version; I
downloaded trial version of M2003 (M11USWEB.exe) and I installed it in a
separated folder, anyway M03 changed my files in my original folder and I
had to reinstall Money 99 to fix up all. I think the two programs speak a
different language...
I should like to know if it will be possible to use my M99.mny file with
next Money 2004 and if this, or Money 2003, will be available also in
italian version (I noted that Italy is not in the list of international site
of Money).
Thank you.

2. Tables and Java Applets

3. Converting a backup file to .mny

4. No 'New mail reminder'

5. Converting *mny file from Money 99 7.0 to Trial Edition of Money 2001

6. Warp Install day 3

7. Converting old mny files to $98

8. Solaris 2.5 <-> Win95 ppp setup

9. MNY 97 files not converting to MNY98

10. conversion of xls files to mny files

11. What is the file layout for the .mny file?

12. Corrupt or Not MNY file message on opening file in money 97

13. Money98 files (.mny files)