Drop down Cat list gone in '06?

Post by Andre » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:47:19

I just noticed that when I went to view a category or payee on the main
cat/payee pages that the drop down box is gone.

Anyway to fix it?

Drop down Cat list gone in '06?

Post by Glyn Simpson, MV » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:35:41

Go to tools->settings->Category settings, and there is an option to use the
dual category dropdown control, which will restore it for you.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

Quote:>I just noticed that when I went to view a category or payee on the main
>cat/payee pages that the drop down box is gone.

> Anyway to fix it?

Drop down Cat list gone in '06?

Post by Andre » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 06:24:26

No, this isn't what I was speaking to as I already have the box checked and
use dual-cats.

I am talking about the drop down list within the Category itself.  There
used to be a drop down so you wouldn't have to go back to the Main
Category - just like in the Payee's (it's gone from there too).  You could
go to a Payee and then you have a drop down list that could take you to
another Payee.

This functionality was in 2004 version and seems to have been removed from
2006.  Anyway to get it back?

Thanks.

> Go to tools->settings->Category settings, and there is an option to use
> the dual category dropdown control, which will restore it for you.

> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org

> Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money

>>I just noticed that when I went to view a category or payee on the main
>>cat/payee pages that the drop down box is gone.

>> Anyway to fix it?

Drop down Cat list gone in '06?

Post by Glyn Simpson, MV » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:11:40

No, thats gone.:(

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org/

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

> No, this isn't what I was speaking to as I already have the box checked
> and use dual-cats.

> I am talking about the drop down list within the Category itself.  There
> used to be a drop down so you wouldn't have to go back to the Main
> Category - just like in the Payee's (it's gone from there too).  You could
> go to a Payee and then you have a drop down list that could take you to
> another Payee.

> This functionality was in 2004 version and seems to have been removed from
> 2006.  Anyway to get it back?

> Thanks.

>> Go to tools->settings->Category settings, and there is an option to use
>> the dual category dropdown control, which will restore it for you.

>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org

>> Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
>> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money

>>>I just noticed that when I went to view a category or payee on the main
>>>cat/payee pages that the drop down box is gone.

>>> Anyway to fix it?

1. Account List Drop-down menu doesn't split into columns

I've been a long time user of Money (since 97) and
recently upgraded from 2000 to 2004. I like most of the
changes in 2004 but because I am a BIG keyboard short-cut
guy there was 1 change that was very annoying until I
figured out how to work around it. Maybe this will help
some others...

In 2004 the drop down list of accounts (by clicking on
the account name when viewing any account) no longer
splits into multiple columns when needed. Thus when you
have more accounts than your screen height can display
you can't see them all by using the drop down menu and
the mouse, you have to go to the account list page (ctrl-
shift-A) to see them all.

However, the drop-down account list will 'scroll' using
the arrow keys! And, *** pay attention because this is
the tricky part ***, although there is no shortcut
indication on the screen in Money 2004, the drop-down
account list can still be accessed by pressing '<alt>-u'
(just like the previous versions)!

So just like in previous versions you can still quickly
switch between your accounts in as little as 2 keystrokes:

1) press '<alt>-u' to access the drop-down account list.

2) press 'o' to access 'Other Accounts' -or- press the
first letter of one of your 'Favorite' accounts.

3) press the first letter of any of your 'Other' accounts.

If more than one account starts with the same letter keep
pressing that letter (or use the arrow keys) to highlight
the correct one and press 'Enter' to switch to it.

Unfortunately (Microsoft take note of this) - if the list
needs to be scrolled, pressing the first letter does not
scroll the list. The account will be selected but not
shown. Use must the arrow keys to actually scroll the
list.

Also note: Because 'Favorite' accounts starting
with 'L','O','C', or 'B' can NOT be highlighted using
their first letter (and I find using the arrow keys to
select them to be a pain) I use the 'Favorites' drop down
list to quickly access my Favorite accounts with as
little as 3 keystrokes: '<alt>-a', 'c', 'first-letter'.

Hope that helps some of you other users that like
keyboard shortcuts.

Bradford C. Vokey
Fortress Software Incorporated

2. E-mail interface from Disclosure

3. Can't see payees in the pay to drop down list

4. How to make sequence skip existing key in table?

5. Mutual Funds not listed in drop down list

6. Visual Font-Simply 3D

7. Deleting 'old' stocks from drop down box??

8. Device node numbers for the tm(4) driver? (SunOS 4.1.1, Sun3)

9. Payee Drop Down List

10. ADDING AUSSIE BANKS TO DROP DOWN LIST

11. How to edit drop down List?

12. Clean up drop down lists

13. Ticker symbol drop down list