Mutual funds and symbols

Post by John » Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:41:56

I have the same mutual fund invested in different vehicles
both retirement ( SEP and Simple ) as well as
nonretirement accounts. I want to track each separately
but Money 2004 will not allow a symbol attached to the
same investment more than once. How can I get around this?

Mutual funds and symbols

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:54:28

>I have the same mutual fund invested in different vehicles
>both retirement ( SEP and Simple ) as well as
>nonretirement accounts. I want to track each separately
>but Money 2004 will not allow a symbol attached to the
>same investment more than once. How can I get around this?

You got a message that a symbol is already in use?  Create a
security only once. Thereafter choose it from the drop-down list.

If they have the same symbol, they are the same security. Change all
transactions of the version without the symbol to the version with
the symbol.

1. Mutual funds merging with other mutual funds

In Money 2000 Deluxe, how do you record when a mutual fund
company combines with another mutual fund?  I had 200
shares of fund a, which was combined with fund b, and I
ended up with 300 shares of fund b.  However, there is no
exchange available in the investment options for mutual
funds.

2. File Transfer and Client Access!

3. are cash mutual funds cash or mutual funds?

4. File&Folder Sharing Help NEEDED!!!

5. Mutual Funds and symbols

6. SCANNER NOT RECOGNISED IN SCANSUITE

7. mutual fund symbols