If I can split credit card categories and entries, how can I merge

If I can split credit card categories and entries, how can I merge

Post by drstev » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:57:02

How can I merge a exported credit card download into the split portion of my
credit card entries?  Hopefully I wan't too confusing.

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 02:24:07

>How can I merge a exported credit card download into the split portion of my
>credit card entries?  Hopefully I wan't too confusing.

Are you saying that you have entered a credit card purchase with a
split as the category, and you want to match a downloaded
transaction to the one you entered by hand?

Post by drstev » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 04:37:01

> >How can I merge a exported credit card download into the split portion of my
> >credit card entries?  Hopefully I wan't too confusing.

> Are you saying that you have entered a credit card purchase with a
> split as the category, and you want to match a downloaded
> transaction to the one you entered by hand?

I don't want to enter the info twice
For instance if I am tracking my gas expenditures and I have the entries in
my checkbook for gas then when I pay my back card I may have 20 more entries
for gas, can I use the split option on my card categories and input that
automatically somehow.

If I can split credit card categories and entries, how can I merge

Post by Dick Watso » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 05:38:04

Basic Money drill:

1) Spend money
2) Enter transactions in a corresponding Money account to recognize the
spending. Say #1 was Discover card at gas station. Enter transactions in
Money Discover account for gas purchases as they occur.
3) Pay bills when they come due. If bill is from an account that is also an
Account you represent in Money, use Transfer:[name of account]. Say #2 was
transactions in Money Discover account for gas purchases as they occurred.
When Discover bill is paid, Transfer:[name of Money Discover account] the
money you paid Discover.

This makes Gas expenses occur as the occur and get recorded where they got
paid from. The Transfer is a Money equivalent of moving cash from one of
your pockets to the other. It is neither spending (expense) nor income.

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=13 for some more info.

Quote:> I don't want to enter the info twice
> For instance if I am tracking my gas expenditures and I have the entries
in
> my checkbook for gas then when I pay my back card I may have 20 more
entries
> for gas, can I use the split option on my card categories and input that
> automatically somehow.

1. Downloading and splitting credit card purchases to categories

I use a credit card for all of my purchasing now because
it makes it easy.  I don't have to record each transaction
as a check card/check purchase.

When I get the statement, I enter it as one withdrawal but
it is split into many categories (each line item on the
statement).

I can download my statement from the credit card company.
Is there any way to get this info in to the split
categories?

I am currently using 2002 but would upgrade if this is
available in a newer version.

I would think that many people are starting to do this so
I think it should be a possibility.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

2. smpt and pop3

3. How to merge two credit card accounts

4. psion security

5. Merge credit card accounts?

6. vxd files

7. Money is limited to one credit card account per credit card company.

8. CAM, DNC, NC Post-processors, NC simulation References

9. Credit Card entries

10. credit card entries

11. Double entries with credit card payments

12. Credit card entry

13. Credit Card-How To Change Settings-Don't want autobalance credit card