Different balances for View All & View Reconciled

Different balances for View All & View Reconciled

Post by SCorku » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:58:54

I just converted my Money 2000 files to Money 2001.  I get different
balances depending on whether I'm using View All Transactions or View
Unreconciled Transactions.  Plus it varies from account to account.  For
example I get the correct balance in my chequing account if I choose View
Unreconciled, however my visa account show the correct balance with View
All.

Different balances for View All & View Reconciled

Post by Kimberly Smi » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:12:59

Hi there,

The following article discusses this issue and explains how to resolve it.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q270/9/24.ASP
Money 2001: Incorrect Balance in Unreconciled Transaction View[moneykb]
ID: Q270924    CREATED: 08-AUG-2000   MODIFIED: 22-FEB-2001
---

 - Microsoft Money 2001
---

SYMPTOMS
========

In the Unreconciled Transactions view in Microsoft Money, an incorrect
account
balance may be displayed in any of the following types of debt accounts if
there
was an opening balance specified:

 - Credit card

 - Home equity

 - Liability

 - Line of credit

RESOLUTION
==========

To resolve this issue, download the latest update for Money:

1. Start Money

2. On the Tools menu, click Update Internet Information.

3. After you complete the call, quit Money to update the files.

STATUS
======

Microsoft has released a patch to resolve this issue that you can receive
through a SmartConnect update from within Money.

MORE INFORMATION
================

The account balance is displayed correctly in all of the other views.

Regards,
Kim Renna
Microsoft Technical Support

-----

Subject: Different balances for View All & View Reconciled
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:58:54 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.money

I just converted my Money 2000 files to Money 2001.  I get different
balances depending on whether I'm using View All Transactions or View
Unreconciled Transactions.  Plus it varies from account to account.  For
example I get the correct balance in my chequing account if I choose View
Unreconciled, however my visa account show the correct balance with View
All.

Different balances for View All & View Reconciled

Post by SCorku » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:32:10

Hi, thanks that fixed the credit card accounts, but it didn't fix the
chequing account.  Any other suggestions?
Unreconciled shows a balance of 1500, all shows a -1400 balance quite a
difference.

> Hi there,

> The following article discusses this issue and explains how to resolve it.

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q270/9/24.ASP
> Money 2001: Incorrect Balance in Unreconciled Transaction View[moneykb]
> ID: Q270924    CREATED: 08-AUG-2000   MODIFIED: 22-FEB-2001
> ---
> The information in this article applies to:

>  - Microsoft Money 2001
> ---

> SYMPTOMS
> ========

> In the Unreconciled Transactions view in Microsoft Money, an incorrect
> account
> balance may be displayed in any of the following types of debt accounts if
> there
> was an opening balance specified:

>  - Credit card

>  - Home equity

>  - Liability

>  - Line of credit

> RESOLUTION
> ==========

> To resolve this issue, download the latest update for Money:

> 1. Start Money

> 2. On the Tools menu, click Update Internet Information.

> 3. After you complete the call, quit Money to update the files.

> STATUS
> ======

> Microsoft has released a patch to resolve this issue that you can receive
> through a SmartConnect update from within Money.

> MORE INFORMATION
> ================

> The account balance is displayed correctly in all of the other views.

> Regards,
> Kim Renna
> Microsoft Technical Support

> -----

> Subject: Different balances for View All & View Reconciled
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:58:54 -0400
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.money

> I just converted my Money 2000 files to Money 2001.  I get different
> balances depending on whether I'm using View All Transactions or View
> Unreconciled Transactions.  Plus it varies from account to account.  For
> example I get the correct balance in my chequing account if I choose View
> Unreconciled, however my visa account show the correct balance with View
> All.

1. Balances don't equal - Balance Forecast view and Account View

I noticed this morning while paying bills that the balance forecast and the
balance listed to the right in the bill box do not equal.  They always did
before.  I thought that the forecasted balance was derived from my current
account balance.

But the balance listed in the balance forecast for today is 150$ more than
the balance in the account register.  Anyone else have this happen.  How can
I fix it?  Why did it happen?  Is this a glitch?

Beth

2. Hardware Profiles

3. Balance changes with different view.

4. AHDI 6.06: UNIT 0 - Identification unavailable

5. Balance different depending on view

6. UK National 8-bit Show?

7. Balance is wrong if reconciled view is used

8. Mozambique

9. No Home or Car View under Choose a view

10. Crash when viewing portfolio with performance view

11. investment accounts view doesn't match portfolio view (money 04)

12. Viewing All Accounts in the "Register View"

13. Money99 Quotes View/Positions View