£ symbol on graphs appearing as a J in Money 2001

£ symbol on graphs appearing as a J in Money 2001

Post by Rich Noon » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 01:44:10

Not sure when this started happening but my Money file in Windows XP now
displays pound signs as a J when I try to edit the currency info and the
symbol even copy and pasting a pound sign in appears as a 'J'. Is there a
solution to this?

Many thanks

Rich

£ symbol on graphs appearing as a J in Money 2001

Post by Bob Peel, MV » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 00:05:16

Does Money still do this when you open the sample file?

Have you checked Regional settings in Control Panel?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions

Quote:> Not sure when this started happening but my Money file in Windows XP now
> displays pound signs as a J when I try to edit the currency info and the
> symbol even copy and pasting a pound sign in appears as a 'J'. Is there a
> solution to this?

> Many thanks

> Rich

£ symbol on graphs appearing as a J in Money 2001

Post by Rich » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:04:31

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes the sample file does the same.thing. The US investment account does show
as a $ though.
The UK investment one show J as does all the other graphs/Cash flow reviews
as do the monthly reports.

My region settings are ok, English & the Currency is set to . The balance
status at the bottom of the account shows a J. When you try and enter a
sign as the UK currency (old one displaying as a J) you press ok, but it
still stays as a J. On the account list page it is displayed correctly as a
.

Would an uninstall/reinstall possibly solve things? Worried that my file is
starting to corrupt. I've got about 5 yrs worth of data in it. Originally
used a 97 file - don't know if that helps or not.

Thanks

Rich

> Does Money still do this when you open the sample file?

> Have you checked Regional settings in Control Panel?

> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money

>  Hints/Tips
>       http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>  UK Wishes/Suggestions

> > Not sure when this started happening but my Money file in Windows XP now
> > displays pound signs as a J when I try to edit the currency info and
the
> > symbol even copy and pasting a pound sign in appears as a 'J'. Is there
> > solution to this?

> > Many thanks

> > Rich

1. £ symbol on graphs appearing as a J in Money 2001 (Win XP)

So for the resubmitting this post.

The only other think I can think of is I now use WinXP which uses IE6 where
as Money requires IE 5.x

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

[...]

2. selling SGI O2

3. Buy Symbol on graphs.

4. MS advertising OS/2 products again???

5. graph symbols

6. FS:PM5 250MHz Modules

7. Money 2001 reports and graphs say 'Loading'

8. Restore AD for new machin

9. Money 2001 - Stock symbol changes, continuity lost

10. using stock symbols in Money 2001

11. Plug Ins for MS Money?

12. 2 different accounts with different sign-ins at same firm for MM 0

13. How do I handle Tax/Ins impounds in my Mortgage payment?