Unable to Shift to Advanced Budget-New Success

Unable to Shift to Advanced Budget-New Success

Post by Don » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:13:00

Many of us have been suffering from the inability to shift from "essential
budget" to "advanced budget" in Money 2006.  The fix listed in MS Knowledge
Base 899628 is incomplete.  I was successful in deleting the phantom accts
using an additional step, where as I was not successful when only using the
MS fix

Follow Knowledge 899628-but where it says to move the transactions to a temp
category-use the global move in categories-vice changing the individual
transactions category.  Using the move button-also deletes the old category.
Once deleting all and also deleting the phantom expense categories in budget
(per KB 899628)-if you still can not shift to advanced-try using the "annual
budget report" in reports-  It will list any categories remaining that have
a budget number assigned in expense.  Using this list-shift those categories
also to a temp category and then delete the temp category in budget.

After 2 months of attempts-including using MS-I tried this today with
success.  MS was trying to get me to recreate my entire money file which
would have taken me several days

1. Switching from Essential to Advanced budget fails

Money 2006 Premium US edition.
Data file is a bout 18MB with 6 years of data.

Switching from Esserntial to Advanced budget fails without any error.

I tried the following without success:
- Repaired data file, no problems reported during repair.
- http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/303.aspx
- http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/166.aspx
- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;899628
-
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/t...

It seems my issue is slighty different than those mentioned in these KB
articles or group discussions.

Under "Edit your expenses" I deleted all entries, and they stay deleted.

Under "Edit your income" I delete all entries by clicking the Remove button
for each, click Done, and the UI switches back to "Edit your Expenses". When
I click on "Edit income", I have three entries back under income. All three
entries are for $0, the first entry description is "Income", the second and
third entries have blank descriptions and are all for $0.

I can not get rid of these three entries.

- Any ideas ho to fix this?
- Any ideas when Microsoft will release a fix?

Regards
Pieter

2. Good DECDirect workstation contact

3. Switching to Advanced Budget

4. Plextor 4/12 caddy for $375

5. essential vs. advanced budget

6. Setting Permissions problem ...

7. Advanced Budget

8. Cell phone communications?

9. problems switching to advanced budget

10. Advanced Budget

11. Advanced budget problem - please help

12. Advanced budget changed my expense amounts in February

13. Not so advanced budget/reports feature in 2005