Money 2005 Restoring Backups

Post by scparke » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:05:04

Hi,

I have Money 2005 and have been using it for some time and backing up
to a separate location. Recently, it had been necessary for me to
re-install my operating system and software with it. This includes
Money 2005.

Before I did this, I made sure I had a copy of both the original file,
and the backup.

I now find that Money 2005 will not restore either the original file,
or the backup, and am currently left shocked at the prospect that I may
have to re-do my entire lifes accounts because Money is unable to do
its job properly.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could anyone suggest another
accounting program that can successfully import Money information so
that Money can be replaced?

It is infuriating - to the highest degree, that Money is not able to
perform such a simple task, especially when, in my experience, such a
task has worked perfectly well for Money 2001 and Money 2004.

Sincerely,

Stephen

Money 2005 Restoring Backups

Post by Dick Watso » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:44:21

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=177.

Quote:> I have Money 2005 and have been using it for some time and backing up
> to a separate location. Recently, it had been necessary for me to
> re-install my operating system and software with it. This includes
> Money 2005.

> Before I did this, I made sure I had a copy of both the original file,
> and the backup.

> I now find that Money 2005 will not restore either the original file,
> or the backup, and am currently left shocked at the prospect that I may
> have to re-do my entire lifes accounts because Money is unable to do
> its job properly.

> Has anyone else experienced this? Could anyone suggest another
> accounting program that can successfully import Money information so
> that Money can be replaced?

> It is infuriating - to the highest degree, that Money is not able to
> perform such a simple task, especially when, in my experience, such a
> task has worked perfectly well for Money 2001 and Money 2004.

Money 2005 Restoring Backups

Post by scparke » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:23:07

Thank you for that. I also found that if I did "Repair" I was able to
do that, although admittedly this did happen after it did its internet
updates.

Thank you for your time. It has been valuable and no longer
infuriating!

Sincerely,

Stephen

Post by scparke » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:25:38

Thank you for that. I also found that if I did "Repair" I was able to
do that, although admittedly this did happen after it did its internet
updates.

Thank you for your time. It has been valuable and no longer
infuriating!

Sincerely,

Stephen

Money 2005 Restoring Backups

Post by Vadira » Mon, 01 May 2006 13:24:02

Wow, what a simple solution. I struggled hard for the same problem for almost
two hours and was pleased to find this thread. It worked good and it is a
relief for me as i had last 5 years of data in single file.

> See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=177.

> > I have Money 2005 and have been using it for some time and backing up
> > to a separate location. Recently, it had been necessary for me to
> > re-install my operating system and software with it. This includes
> > Money 2005.

> > Before I did this, I made sure I had a copy of both the original file,
> > and the backup.

> > I now find that Money 2005 will not restore either the original file,
> > or the backup, and am currently left shocked at the prospect that I may
> > have to re-do my entire lifes accounts because Money is unable to do
> > its job properly.

> > Has anyone else experienced this? Could anyone suggest another
> > accounting program that can successfully import Money information so
> > that Money can be replaced?

> > It is infuriating - to the highest degree, that Money is not able to
> > perform such a simple task, especially when, in my experience, such a
> > task has worked perfectly well for Money 2001 and Money 2004.

1. Money 2005: restoring backup to new computer without floppy drive

My computer recently died, and I had to pick up a new one. Fortunately,
I had current backups of my Money file on floppy. Unfortuantely, the
new computer does not have a floppy drive. I've tried burning the
backup files to a CD and restoring from there, but the Money restore
program keeps prompting me for a second disk. (My backup file is big
enough to require two floppies.) I've tried clicking OK with the CD in
the drive (both backup files are on the same CD) but it doesn't
recognize the second backup file.

Does anyone know a way to work around this?

2. PROGRAMMERS NEEDED!!

3. Restoring backup in Money 2005

4. Internet sharing advice needed please

5. Restore a 2005 backup to 2004

6. Spaceball generating console error messages

7. MS 2005: Must be on line to restore backup

8. Using an Amstrad Monitor with the Commodore...

9. Money 2005 won't open or restore money 2005 files

10. Can you restore Mny 2005 Premium bkup file to MS 2005 Small Busine

11. Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard

12. Money 2003 - Money 2005 phantom password restore issue

13. Restoring 2005 Money File