Entered wrong 401k statement date

Post by tclard » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Was trying to update my 401k statement date which is 9/30/00. I accidentally
enterered todays date 10/19.  No matter what I do now it will not let me
correct this. It says you must enter a date later than or equal to last
statement date.  How do you backout the statement date if you made a
mistake?

Entered wrong 401k statement date

Post by Michael Gordon - MV » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

The statement date really doesn't matter, so I'd just wait until the next
statement and put the correct date in then. But, if it really bothers you,
you could restore your most recent backup (you have one, right?) and then
re-enter relevant data.

--

Michael Gordon
MVP - Office

Quote:> Was trying to update my 401k statement date which is 9/30/00. I
accidentally
> enterered todays date 10/19.  No matter what I do now it will not let me
> correct this. It says you must enter a date later than or equal to last
> statement date.  How do you backout the statement date if you made a
> mistake?

1. Wrong date used in 401k manager

I just updated my 401k account using the 401k manager in M2K2 and keyed in Nov 2002 for a statement state.  Money correctly added new transactions into the account all with the wrong date that I supplied.  Is there any way short of deleting the account to fix this?  If not, it looks like I will have to wait a year before I can do another update and any performance data will be useless.   What I would like to do is reverse the update.  I seem to remember that older versions of Money allowed that.

--
DC

2. Connecticut

3. Wrong Ending Statement Balance entered

4. IOmega Buz Video Capture Device

5. Entering/Reconciling 401k Statements in M2k

6. Windows API reference book

7. How do I correct wrong statement date?

8. PVCS VM, PVCS Tracker And PowerBuilder: Integration ?

9. Importing a QIF Statement into Money 99 gets the dates wrong.

10. Adding Checking Accounts Dated Before the Original Statement Entered into MS Money99

11. Wrong Date/Wrong amount

12. Netbank download statement Error End Date before Start Date

13. How to autofill today's date as the Statement date for acct balancing in M2k1?