right = right + {value}

Post by Ariel T. Vitell » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Will an arithmetic expression evaluate correctly if I use a Generator
variable?  I am trying to build a template for a game, and I would like
to be able to score it using an expression like right =  right + {value}
(where value = 1 if it's the correct answer and 0 if it isn't).

It doesn't seem to be working correctly.  I figure I could work around
it with something like
                        If ({value} = right)
                            right = right + 1

but I would like to know if it's possible to do it the other way or not.

Thank you,

Ariel

1. Facing pages (Left-Right) start appearing as Right-Right

InDesign CS2: I've done this a couple of times and I know it's user error, but I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause it.

I try to bring together several chapters into one document so I can create a TOC and export the full text for editorial review in MS Word. (If there's a way to export linked documents in .rtf format or create a complete TOC from the Book palette, I haven't found it.)

When I join the documents, the new pages auto-flow like this: |RR, |RR, |RR ... when what I expect to see is L|R, L|R, L|R... .

I'm stumped. I can't drag them back into position, and deleting or adding one page doesn't fix the problem. They're based upon a working master spread, but for some reason the left folio of the spread remains stubbornly missing.

Suggestions?

2. Why is iShell so easy? What am I missing?

3. characters left and right from a value

4. link

5. cant get the right click right...

6. Frame cannot find Acrobat Distiller printer instance