HELP! Newbie in HTML

Post by WuFe » Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:53:47

Context:
My first HTML page has a combo box (select menu) to choose a product
category and 3 buttons. The first button gets to the second HTML page
where I will have a list of products from the selected category
displayed in a table.  By pressing the header of one table column, the
table will be sorted following that column (so, my second page is
refreshed with the table ordered correctly).  The 2 other buttons go to
the same page also but displays other stuffs.

Problem:
I think I have to send the pressed button parameter and the selected
product category as url parameters (because at the second page, when I
have to refresh the table and thus, the whole page, I will have to
access to the first page value (#form.Submit#) and these values will
not be available anymore.  But how do I pass these 2 parameters in the
URL.

For example:
<select name="family">
<option value="None_Selected"></option>
</select>

<form
action="SecondPage.cfm?ProductFamily=#form.family#&PressedButton=A"
method="post">
<input name="Submit" type="submit" value="A">
</form>
<form
action="SecondPage.cfm.cfm?ProductFamily=#form.family#&PressedButton=B"
method="post">
<input name="Submit" type="submit" value="B">
</form>
<form
action="SecondPage.cfm?ProductFamily=#form.family#&PressedButton=C"
method="post">
<input name="Submit" type="submit" value="C">
</form>

In the second page, how can I store these url parameters and use them
as variables?

Can you check this code, because it doesn't work at all.  I don't want
to use any script, just HTML.

1. help to a newbie i need help to make a button that publish a html site

  Hi can anyone help me, cause im a beginner to lingo ?

  Im trying to make a small program where you can make a profile...with
pictures and text.

  Then I would like to know if it is possible to make a button so the
choosen text and pictures get published in a simple html site ?

  I dont have have any preferences so if it is just a kind of print screen
to html it would be fine :)

2. unable to delete Word style

3. Newbie- help .swf into HTML

4. Specifying the ratio between size of swf and size of screen.

5. Newbie help: HTML contains text

6. Reg Ex Help

7. Newbie - need help output from 2 queries to html table

8. HTML help for a newbie

9. Newbie HTML help

10. newbie flash ---> html

11. Newbie-how to pass a parameter to the swf object from HTml

12. Newbie - Best Way To Get Flash Design To HTML