So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

Post by J.S. » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 12:52:00

The lady of the runaway will soon be a mannequin in the museum.  You can
still see her but you can't touch her.  Her old charm would still be alive
but only in the memories of her admirers.  What am I talking about?  This
forum, of course. ;)

As the clock strikes midnight this forum will come to standstill.
Read-only!  That's what they call it.  Alright.  So it's time to say goodbye
and to bid farewell, I guess.  Not to dear friends or even to Drumbeat (even
though I am now a happy UltraDev user) but to this forum and the people who
helped make it what it is.

Thanks to the folks at Elemental who created Drumbeat, to MM for providing
these resources, to the Technical Support folks who often give more than
they are appreciated for, but most of all the wonderful people, the friends,
the users in this closest and most helpful of user communities anywhere.

There has been frustration at times and a lot of fun times at others.  Even
our friend D.*ey, whose forte was not his choice of polite words, felt
forced to lighten up and laugh and enjoy when I battled wits with him and
crowned him*ey Mouse. ;)  This is also where I met that most wonderful
of "scoundrels", my friend Kev ;) ... and his "Gang of Rascals" - Sune,
Jaco, Dave/Malik.  This is where Julian made his mark as the guy who could
answer questions before they were asked.  This is probably where Tom and Ray
exchanged glances across the newsgroup and paired up as a team.  Marc has
expressed many of my sentiments well and I support them.  Even when Thierry
was busy he frequently had the itch to visit here as well. ;)  And don't
even remind me of Momma - that classy mysterious, part-funny pretend-lady
who knew a whole bunch about ASP.  Who was it?  Ray?  Tom?  Someone else?
Does Fredonia, NY mean anything to anybody.  Oh well.  There are so many
other people I would like to mention but time is not always our friend... I
would probably be here well past midnight in that case.

The ride was interesting - the journey was certainly worth it.  We'll still
visit this forum from time to time... for old times sake.  And we will
continue our interactions at other forums... some of which are mentioned
below.  There are a lot of good times ahead of us... a lot of them.  I am
told by "well-informed" people that it's at least a thousand years till the
next millenium.  That is the one after the one that comes pirouetting at the
stroke of midnight tonight.  Wow!  Isn't that something? :)

Perhaps, it's fitting that this forum remains in this this millenium as a
new one dawns tomorrow.

Good luck to all of you.

Happy New Year and very Happy New Millenium!

Till we meet again,

I am

Your Friend,

J.S.
<John
JohnSmith;>

(Jag S. Sidhu) - yep, that's right - the one and only
www.magicfind.com

P.S.  About 7:53 PM here.  Time to partttttttayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;-)

DrumBeat Magic mailing list & newsgroup:
http://www.veryComputer.com/!=drumbeat_magic_list

Please register first by sending an email to:

MagicBeat DrumBeat-To-UltraDev mailing list & newsgroup:
You may join by sending an email to:

or by visiting:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
The web interface entrance for the list is at:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
Newgroup:

Drumbeat at MagicFind Discussions on the web:
http://www.veryComputer.com/

So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

Post by dave298 » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:52:27

hi all,
sob*
guess its time to move on......see you guys back at the ud and also at
db-to-ud newsgroups. good luck to all and thanks for all the support and
help.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

sincerely,

So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

Post by jim » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 16:22:06

What the hell are you talkin' about!

Quote:> As the clock strikes midnight this forum will come to standstill.
> Read-only!  That's what they call it.

So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

Post by Wojciech Miskiewic » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 16:58:56

Quote:> Happy New Year and very Happy New Millenium!

> Till we meet again,

> I am

> Your Friend,

Happy, happy New Year J.S.!
For me it was 9 hours ago - for you just in 2 minutes.
Cheers!
:)

wm

So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

Post by J.S. » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 17:45:10

Quote:> What the hell are you talkin' about!

I am talking about the Drumbeat ng. :)  Crossposted for the benefit of ex-DB
users.  To paraphrase the Marines, once a DB user always a DB user. ;)

--

J.S.

MagicBeat Extensions:
http://www.magicbeat.com/mb?!=ultradev_extensions

List of UltraDev Links:
http://www.magicbeat.com/mb?!=links

So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

Post by Robert D. Pinkerto » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:17:13

And, as the psilocybin enters the oldest part of my brain, I am prompted to
remember the psychic parts that ever knew about nested tables.  As an &nbsp
departs my heated and moist membranes I recall the times we used to have.
Her width so different from mine and from what I intended.  Her divs so much
weirder than what our God intended.

But, encouraged, more by single malt inspired stupidity than anything
rational or relevant, I knew that tomorrow would bring another day.  But
what of us?

Je ne sais quoi!  Je ne sais pas!  Je!  Ne !

Sorry!  It's late and ...

So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

Post by J.S. » Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:29:22

I hope you have a great one, wm.

--

J.S.

MagicBeat Extensions:
http://www.magicbeat.com/mb?!=ultradev_extensions

List of UltraDev Links:
http://www.magicbeat.com/mb?!=links

So we bid adieu to this forum, eh? Good luck to you all and many thanks!

Post by Ultradi » Wed, 03 Jan 2001 12:16:16

Many many thanks to everyone for helping me and my business get off the
ground and out of poverty!
I am much indebted to you all.
Thank you
Andy L