Looper loses filter due to long load time

Looper loses filter due to long load time

Post by ther.. » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:42:50

I have a looper displaying 25 records at a time.  I have "next" and
"previous" buttons to control the looper.  The problem is that the page
takes a good 3-4 minutes to load the 25 records and if the user clicks
the next button during that load time, the filter is somehow lost and
the next page will show the next 25 as if the filter didn't exist. Is
there any way to have the filter maintain if the next or previous
button is clicked during the loading?

Thanks,

Ferris

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Preload takes long time to load

i've had some basic experience with flash, but im having a problem with my
progress meter.  I wanted to forgo the tradition (and, in my opinion, boring)
progress bar.  instead, i created my own animation that i wanted to play
corresponding to what has been preloaded (theoretically).  my problem, i
thought, was my action script, but i think it is that my first frame is 16 KB,
according to the bandwidth profiler.  So it takes about 10 seconds simulating
56k for the preloader to start.

 Just in case, heres my as code (the part that should be doing the trick):

 loadedbytes=getBytesLoaded();
 totalbytes=getBytesTotal();
 if (loadedbytes == totalbytes)
        gotoAndStop (4);
 frame = Math.round(loadedbytes/(totalbytes/100));
 _root.mainloader.gotoAndStop(frame);

 here is a link to the .fla so someone can check it out
http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=08A84E14ZWSEG1SP2GDUYL804F.  I based my
video so far on a tutorial
http://www.layoutgalaxy.com/html/htmnewletter37-page1.htm that seems much more
complex and that its first page would be much larger than mine, but its not.

 anyone care to help please? its driving me nuts. if it wasnt for the "large"
first frame size, shouldnt it work theoretically speaking?!

2. How to keep timecode in AFX

3. took long time to load and play with Player6, but play instant with IE5

4. auto stretch problem

5. Components seem to take a long time to load, and ahead of everything else.

6. jpeg compression problems

7. Video Load - A Long Time

8. Swapping out graphics on roll-over

9. Flash file would take a long time to load in the SSL connection

10. Presentation load time is too long

11. Video takes long time to load from CD

12. Long load time in Netscape only

13. Dreamweaver HTML pages taking long time to load