Storing Server Variables in a Session variable

Storing Server Variables in a Session variable

Post by J.S. » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Do you mean how to store results from a server expression into a session
variable?  Bind the server expression a hiddenbox.  Then copy results from
it to session variable on page load.  There may be a better method that I am
not aware of.

--
J. S.

MagicBeat: Focused on the future of
Drumbeat, Dreamweaver, Fireworks,  and Flash!
http://www.magicfind.com/magicbeat.asp
Feedback
http://www.magicfind.com/feedback.asp

Storing Server Variables in a Session variable

Post by Robert Johs » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How do I store a server variable to a session variable? For instance if I want
vSVRPORT to store the sever variable SERVER_PORT.

Storing Server Variables in a Session variable

Post by Julian Robert » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You could try uttting some script into the document server event:

VB script:

Set myvar=Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")
Session("myval")=myvar

--
Jules
ICQ 51328805

Quote:> How do I store a server variable to a session variable? For instance if I
want
> vSVRPORT to store the sever variable SERVER_PORT.

1. Storing a Session Variable Value

Ive got a site with a login page. The username and password are stored
in sessions.

I would like to be able to retrieve the actual (entered) values and save
them in a database table.

Just to give you an example: Once a user is logged in, shes able to
fill out a form witch adds links to a list of links. To keep this list
of links useful it would be nice to be able to see which user has added
what links (no junk-links if you catch my drift). Therefore when sending
the form it would be great if I could send along (in a hidden field) the
username and store the information in the database table with the links.

Anyone?

Storgaard.

2. JNLP on JRun

3. storing URL of origin in a session variable

4. Security - Encryption

5. Storing a form field value in a Session variable

6. Datagrid format woes...

7. Storing data in session variable

8. How do I get this effect

9. Storing results of a session variable . . .

10. Storing a session variable into a database

11. storing checkbox values in session variable.......

12. Storing URL parameters in a session variable

13. Storing Field values in a session variable